11. Calypso

Leia was trained over the many years and thanks to the electroconvulsive therapy she was always ready to comply. The Winter Soldier too was constantly training. After receiving his new prosthetic he became Hydra's most talented assassin. He was the one they counted on to eliminate any posing threats to Hydra.

Leia trained day after day until she was almost as skilled as the Winter Soldier, though he would always be stronger. Through her training and growing skill set she gained a special name. Much like Sergeant Barnes, now only known as the Winter Soldier. Leia was known as Calypso. A magnificent being with abilities beyond human knowledge. They discovered another ability while she was out of cryostasis. Adding to Calypso's repertoire of skills was omnilugualism.  Where one has the ability to understand and utilise verbal or non-verbal communication without any prior knowledge of the language.

Hydra kept Calypso's abilities under lock, spending most of her time in cryostasis. She was brought out however whenever the Winter Soldier was sent on a mission. Though he never returned with too bad of injuries, Zola requested he always be in top notch condition before going back into cryostasis.
Over several decades the Winter Soldier was responsible for numerous assassinations, killing various sorts of targets, from scientific minds to political figures including John F. Kennedy in 1963. Due to his expertise in the field and shadowy nature, the Winter Soldier became something of a ghost story, with intelligence agencies doubting he even existed.

After decades of scientific research and experimentations Arnim Zola received a terminal diagnosis in 1972. Though his research and experimentations continued on under the supervision of many other skilled scientists. After Zola's death the Winter Soldier, and Calypso for the first time, were deployed on many missions, the two making a great, and undefeatable, team.
Each time they would be put straight back into cryostasis to prevent ageing and any mental or physical deterioration.

In 1991 Hydra got wind of Howard Stark's successful attempt at recreating Dr. Abraham Erskine's Super Soldier Serum. Colonel Vasily Karpov, a Hydra representative in the Russian Armed Forces, was given the responsibility of taking over the Winter Soldier Program. He traveled to Siberia to enlist the Winter Soldier's skills, sending him to Long Island New York to intercept the serum in Howard Stark's travels.

Calypso's POV

The familiar feeling comes to life in my body and I slowly come awake. It's quiet, eerily quiet. Two men grab my arms and walk me through these long hallways. After a minute we enter into a large room with an odd looking chair machine in the middle. The men sit me down and strap my arms and legs in. One places a guard between my teeth and pushes my head back. I feel a metal helmet attach itself to my head and my chest starts to rise rapidly in anticipation. I hear clicks and then the pain runs through me. I yell out in agony as the currents run through my brain.

-

They push me into a small room. There's a man sitting on the single chair, shirtless. I slowly stalk towards him, seeing the small slash on his forehead. He looks up at me when he hears my footsteps but doesn't say a word and neither do I. I hover my hand over his injury letting the bright blue currents do their thing. He's a strange man, I conclude as I look over his body. He has long brown hair and a metal arm which I find very fascinating, but I know there'll be consequences if I don't do exactly as I'm asked. I search his facial features as the blue currents curl into his forehead. His long hair is rather disheveled. He has dull blue eyes and stubble on his jaw.

The gash closes and I hear the door click behind me. I quickly turn and leave the room.
Something about that man intrigues me. He seems rather intricate. I think there's more behind those dull blue eyes.

-

They push me down into a big chair after waking me up. Two metal pieces clasp around my head and it feels awfully familiar for some reason.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I scream out from the pain that courses through my body. It doesn't last too long though and the clamps are removed from my head. I feel tingles throughout my head, something I haven't experienced before. A man grabs my arm and pulls me into a separate room, shutting the door behind me. My eyes scan the space and see the four concrete walls. No windows, no cameras, nothing. That's when my eyes land on the chair in the middle of the room, occupied by a man with long hair. I tilt my head slightly trying to get a better look at him. He raises his eyes and I finally see his face. His eyes are blue and there's a subtle five o'clock shadow covering his jaw. Something about him feels familiar, like I've seen him before. Strange.
I look down to his thigh and see a rather large gash that's dripping blood. My hands connect with the door handle and I swing it open to come face to face with two guards.
"Can I have something to clean the blood." I state. One of the men turns and retrieves a small cloth handing it to me.
I re-enter the room and close the door gently. "Hello." I approach the broad man. He doesn't say anything, just stares into space. "You don't have to talk, but I'm going to help you." I say wiping the blood and healing the wound.