45. PTSD

Leia wakes up as the sun starts to peak through the window. Loki still lays beside her knocked out completely. She smiles at his peaceful human. His dark hair lays a mess on the pillow. Leia hops out of the bed and pulls her clothes over her body. She places a light kiss on Loki's chiseled cheek and walks out the room so she doesn't wake him.

The waking sun lights up the living room and she looks through the kitchen. They're out of a lot of the essentials. Leia decides to go down to the mall quickly and she'll be back before Loki wakes up, no dramas.

She scourers the almost empty supermarket grabbing whatever she can find that they may be able to consume. As she walks towards the exit a loud crash startles her. She jumps out of her skin as a raccoon runs through the open space. She clutches her heart thanking god.
Leia's distracted by the clothing store. Maybe it's time for some new clothes for both of them. She takes what she finds and deems suitable before walking back down the road to the resort.

With her hands full of grocery bags she pushes the suite door open with her hip.
"Leia, my god!" Loki breathes out a sigh of relief.
"What?" She asks confused.
"Where have you been, I've been looking everywhere for you! I was worried!" Loki stands right in front of her.

"I just went to the shops, we were running low." She walks past him and deeper into the suite.
"I should've come with you, just in case." Loki follows her.
"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself Loki." Leia lets out a light chuckle.
"I know you are. But if something did happen... And I wasn't there, I'd never forgive myself." He breathes out.
"Well I'm fine." Leia rolls her eyes, stashing things away in cupboards.
He just huffs a loud sigh. Leia turns to look at him and his features are defeated. She cocks her head slightly, confused.

Leia walks over to him and places her hand on his cheek lightly. "Hey... what's wrong?" She asks.
Loki doesn't say anything at all which is strange for him. She searches his face for any signs but it comes up zero. Leia stands on her tippy toes and kisses his lips softly.
"Smile won't you." She whispers making him crack a small grin. "There it is."

Leia pokes his growing dimple and he smiles brightly. Loki wraps his arms around her waist in a tight hug. Gosh he's head over heels for her already! Last night lit a fire in him, something he didn't know was possible.

-

Loki huffs an accomplished sigh when they both walk back into their suite. They just enjoyed a walk through the deserted streets of Orlando. It's nice in a way, being so secluded. Leia hasn't worried about anything in a fair few months. The adrenaline that she's feeling with Loki helps her persevere through the last year and a bit. Something about him is strange, but a good strange. She feels excitement and rebelliousness coursing through her whenever they're together and she sure isn't complaining.

"I'm taking a shower." Leia announces walking to the bathroom.
"Perhaps I should join you?" Loki grins mischievously.
"Perhaps you should not." Leia laughs disappearing into her room. She grabs a fresh set of clothes and underwear.

"Well these are such difficult times at the moment. We ought to be saving water." Loki comes after her.
She turns around quickly to face him.
"You make a valid point your highness." Leia smiles closing the space between them. Loki's eyes close gently as her lips are about to touch his. But the sensation doesn't come. Loki opens his eyes and he catches Leia disappearing into the bathroom.

"I see. That's a dangerous game you're playing darling." Loki calls out and hears her chuckle from behind the door while the water runs.
Leia's engulfed by the warm water as it falls over her body. Her hair is pinned up in a bun, out of the way completely.

The hotel body wash smells of lemongrass as it suds up under the water and then washes down the drain. As much as it warms her she has to shut the water off eventually. The incredibly fluffy clean white towel wraps around her shoulders drying every droplet from her skin.