27. I Remember All Of Them

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumbles from within? That's dead. Forever." Zemo says.
Tony, Bucky and Leia all walk over to where Steve's standing. Tony looks from Steve down at the screen as it flicks to an image.
"I know that road." Tony's voice is shaky all of a sudden. "What is this?!" Tony looks up but Zemo doesn't answer him.

Leia heart sinks to the floor as she sees the date on the tape. "Bucky." She whispers but he's stark still. The tape plays on the small screen and it shows security footage of a road. A car zooms by crashing into the electricity pole, crumpling completely. A motorbike comes from the other way and pulls behind the car. Tony's eyes are glued to the screen as he watches the worst day of his life unfold.

Bucky looks down having realized exactly what Tony's watching. Leia notices his lip quiver a bit before he looks up at Steve, eyes narrowed. The events of that night come flooding back into not only Bucky's head but Leia's too. She remembers hearing all about it after she healed him.

"Sergeant Barnes." Howard's voice can be heard quietly.
"Howard." Maria calls out in agony. Tony's gaze lifts from the screen and looks at Bucky, who won't meet his eyes. Tony watches Bucky smash his fathers face, killing him. He hears his mothers cries making him begin to shake his breathing rigid. He watches Bucky walk around the car to his mothers side and all of a sudden the whimpering stops. Tony's body is shaking uncontrollably. The tape shows Bucky walking up to the camera and firing a bullet right into it. Steve puts the pieces together in his mind. That's why they're here.

All of their breathing is heavy, chests rising and falling rapidly. Steve watches Tony's facial expression waiting for something. Tony turns towards Bucky and attempts to run towards him but Steve grabs his shoulders. Leia steps in front of Bucky who raises his gun warily.
"Tony, Tony." Steve says. Tony turns back around his head hanging low. It takes him a moment before his teary eyes meet Steve's.
"Did you know?" His voice is barely above a whisper.
"I didn't know it was him." Steve's breathing slow.
"Don't bullshit me, Rogers. Did you know?" Tony's advancing towards Steve.
"Yes." He says regrettably and Tony steps back from him quickly.
"Did she know?" He asks Steve about Leia.
"Yes." Steve says again.

Tony tries to calm himself down but there's one thing and one thing only coursing through his mind. He backhands Steve sending him tumbling down. Leia throws a dark current at Tony knocking him back for a mere second before he sends a beam of energy from the repulser in his palm at Bucky, completely disregarding Leia. The blast knocks the gun from his hands. Tony grabs Bucky's neck and flies across the room. Leia throws a current at the man made of iron knocking him down a peg.
He pushes Bucky to the floor and steps on his metal arm, holding him down. He aims his repulser at Bucky's head but Steve's shield makes contact with Tony's armor, throwing him off, missing Bucky as he swerves. Steve runs at Tony pushing him off Bucky but he lands easily. Tony flies back at Steve sending him back with a few grunts. He fires two devices from his fist that clamp around Steve's ankles disabling him.

Leia sends a dark blue current at Tony's head knocking him. Bucky throws his fist up to the suits jaw but Tony grabs his neck flying away once more. He crashes Bucky's back into one of the machines and the soldier grunts.
Tony again aims the repulsers at Bucky's head but this time he grips his hand with his metal one. Tony's eyes widen as Bucky squeezes hard, breaking the mechanism. Bucky redirects the bazooka that Tony tries to fire across the room. Steve manages to break free from the tech around his ankles. He runs as the debris falls right above him. Leia throws a massive current at it, deferring it away from her friend. The debris falls around almost hitting Bucky and some landing on Tony.

Bucky pulls himself to his feet and sees Steve.
"Get out of here!" The captain yells and Bucky runs. Leia runs after him as Tony fires at them, just missing.
Leia crashes her fist against the button that opens the hatch. "Go!" She yells at Bucky.