37. Should've Gone For The Head

Leia runs through the familiar forest until she crashes into something. She lands with a thud as does the person next to her. She looks up just as they do and sees Bucky looking back at her.

"Bucky? Oh my god Bucky!" She cries scrambling to her knees.
"Leia?" His words are barely above a whisper. Leia attacks him in a hug. He holds her ten times tighter than he's ever done before. "You're alive!" He sniffs grasping her cheeks.
"I missed you so much." Both their eyes well with tears.
"I thought you were dead." Bucky's voice breaks along with Leia's heart.
"It's a long story but I'm okay!" She pushes his hair out of his face.
"I missed you so much." Bucky says hugging her again and for a moment everything is peaceful. The battle isn't happening, no ones getting hurt or dying. It's just them.

"I love you." Bucky's voice is shaky. She's alive. She came back. She's okay and that's all that matters.
"I love you." Leia says kissing him which is long overdue for both of them.

"Come on." She says when they break away, holding her hand out for him. He takes it and she pulls him up.
"Nice arm." She smirks at his belated birthday gift.
"Thanks." Bucky tries to push his hair out of his face.
"Come here." She chuckles pulling the top section of his hair back and tying it off. Leia grabs his chin and kisses his cheek quickly. "Let's go."
Leia goes to walk off but Bucky grips her wrist pulling her back. She crashes into his chest and he wraps his arms around her tight.
They both breathe out a heavy breath, feeling relaxed for the first time in ages.
"I love you, you know that right?" Bucky asks when Leia looks up at him. His chest is heavy, having a bad feeling in his stomach.
"Yeah." She nods kissing him lightly before they break away running off.

Steve looks up at the sky and the air is eerily quiet.
"Everyone on my position." He says into the coms. "We have incoming."
Sam stands with Natasha and Okoye and T'Challa as they too look up.
"What the hell." Nat mumbles.
Bruce turns around and sees the blue-black clouds emerging, before Thanos steps out. "Cap, that's him." He says.
"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve says.

Bruce launches for Thanos first but he used the Space Stone burying him in the rock of the cliff behind. Steve tries to jump at him but Thanos uses the Power Stone to disregard him quickly.
T'Challa jumps at the Titan but he grabs his neck tight punching him to the ground, the built up suit energy sending a shock through the earth. Sam flies at him, firing his guns but is quickly hit away.

Vision looks up slowly. "Wanda. It's time."
Wanda looks at him dumbfounded. "No!"
"They can't stop him Wanda, but we can!" Vision grabs her arm turning her to face him. "Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone."
"Don't." Wanda's tone is warning.
"You must do it, Wanda please. We are out of time." Vision holds Wanda's hand to his cheek, her bottom lip quivering.
"I can't." She shakes her head quickly.
"Yes you can." Vision assures her. "You can." He moves her hand in front of his face. "If he gets the stone, half the universe dies. It's not fair, it shouldn't be you, but it is."
Wanda shakes her head trying to control her heavy sobs.
"It's alright. You could never hurt me." Vision says. "I just feel you."
Wanda's heart breaks in two as she knows exactly what she must do. The red currents rise from her hands and she forces it into the stone.

Rhodey fires bullets at Thanos but he blocks them all and uses the Space Stone to crush his armor like a coke can. Natasha and Okoye both try to take him down and they're swiftly disregarded. Loki runs out, knives at the ready but Thanos hits him over the head harder than ever. Bucky runs out, yelling, firing a round at the Titan, but a purple current sends him flying backwards.
"Bucky!" Leia yells as he goes crashing to the ground.

Leia turns to the Titan with pure malice in her eyes. She sends a current at his gauntlet and squeezes it tight so it becomes immobile. Holding that steady she uses her other hand to send more dark blue currents his way. Steve slides in beside her attacking the purple man with his fists. Thanos hits Steve sending him crashing into Leia which disorientates her and persuades her focus, letting the gauntlet go.