51. Whatever It Takes

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends... We lost family... We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back." Steve says to everyone as they all stand on the platform. "One round trip each... No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean you should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives.. and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes."

Steve looks at Tony who looks at him with a proud smile. "Good luck."
"He's pretty good at that." Rocket pipes up.
"Right?!" Scott agrees.
"Alright!" Tony says. "You heard the man. Stroke those keys Jolly Green."
"Trackers engaged." Bruce says.

Everyone stands in a circle around the platform as Bruce comes back up to join them.
Leia's mind is clouded by what they have to do. This is gonna work. And when it does, she'll have Bucky back. She'll see her Bucky again.

Bruce hits the device in his hand and looks around everyone.
"See ya in a minute!" Nat smiles excitedly.
The Quantum Tunnel starts to move and all their helmets clasp around their faces. Leia takes a glance at Steve and he gives her a reassuring smile and in an instant they're all sucked into the Quantum Realm.

-

New York - 2012

Leia, Steve, Tony, Bruce and Scott all appear in a side street of the decimated New York. The Chitauri roam the streets and skies while the Avengers of the time try to fight them off.

"Alright, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve says looking about the destruction.
Suddenly 2012 Hulk appears in front of them taking down a few Chitauri members rather aggressively. Bruce rubs his forehead nervously.
"Maybe smash a few things along the way." Steve suggests and everyone nods in agreement.
"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Banner rips of his tank top so he resembles the Hulk more before walking off, smashing things sub-paredly.

-

Asgard - 2013

Thor runs past Loki's cell in the dungeons of Asgard where Loki throws an object up into the air to pass the time. Rocket and present day Loki run behind him.
"Ah even in prison I'm dashingly handsome." Loki says looking at himself.
"Loki, come on." Rocket whisper yells.

The group of them stop by a large pillar when they hear voices. They peep out looking carefully.
"For you, Lady Jane." An Asgardian maiden says.
"Um, do you have anything with pants?" Jane asks her.
"Pants?" The maid questions.
"Never mind. These will be fine. Thank you."
"Yes, milady." They watch their interaction as the the girl walks away.
"Oh, there's Jane." Thor says.
"It's such a shame she dumped you brother." Loki antagonizes.
"Shut up Loki." Thor growls.

"Alright. Here's the deal tubby and greasy. You're going to charm her and I'm gonna poke her with this thing and extract the reality stone, and get gone lickety-split." Rocket explains.
Thor huffs a sigh. "I'll be right back okay. The wine cellar is just down here. My father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups."
"Hey. Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?" Rocket threatens and a door opening and closing interrupts their words.

The three of them duck down trying their best to be out of sight. Thor pokes his head around and his heart drops when he sees his mother.
"If you could send Loki some soup." She says to the four maidens following her. "And ask our librarians to pull some volumes from the astronomy shelf." Frigga requests.

Both Thor and Loki stand up straight their eyes following the group of women.
"Who's the fancy broad?" Rocket asks.
"That's our mother." Thor says weakly. "She dies today."
"Oh, that's today?" Rocket is shocked.