12. Promise

Leia's POV

I twirl my fingers in the air watching the blue currents turn from bright to dark. The room is so dark and it provides just a tiny bit of light as I sit on the hard bed channeling my focus into the dark blue smog. I narrow my eyes in frustration. Over what I'm not entirely sure but I just feel angst. I chuck the current towards the wall and watch it make a large dent in the concrete. My eyes grow wide at the destruction I caused. Well that's new. I focus on the corner of the steel bed that I'm sitting on. I throw another current at it and it leaves a sizable dent in the metal. Woah.

There's a jangling of keys outside my door and I immediately sit up straight, acting nonchalant.
"Lets go." The man who opens the door says. He snatches a hold of my arm when I walk past him, leading me through the place, wherever we are. He stops in front of another door and hands me a wet cloth and gestures to the door handle. I open it and step inside quickly. The room appears just as dark as the one I just came from until I hear a light flickering. A single downlight turns on and shines onto a chair. I see Bucky sitting there, arms restrained to the rests.
"Hello, I'm Leia." I whisper walking over to the familiar soldier. He stays silent for a second before meeting my eyes. The blue of his eyes are so vibrant due to the smudged black liner around them. It looks rather sinister, but in a good way. He doesn't appear to have any injuries so I raise my hand towards his face, but stop myself quickly.
"I'm going to wash this off." I narrate so he doesn't get caught off guard. I gently glide the cloth over his eyes and surrounding area removing the evil makeup. Something tells me he's a good guy. I haven't known him for very long but I get the feeling he's alright. "There you go." I mutter.
"Thanks." He says under his breath. I let out a heavy sigh as I stand up and walk towards the door, leaving without a word.

-

They drag me through the facility to yet another room, this ones slightly different. The lighting is warm and it's a much larger room than I've seen before. I walk through the barred door and it shuts behind me, along with a second much thicker steel door, a vault. The lock slides and I sigh heavily. I look around and see tiny drawers lining three out of four of the walls. Some are half open, others closed, some also overflowing with papers. My eyes land on the large chair in the middle of the room. Bucky sits there shirtless with a few cuts and scrapes on his body. There's several computer screens around him along with a halo sort of thing above his head. The wiping machine.

"Hello." I say more warily than usual. He's totally unresponsive just staring into space. His metal arm has a massive dent in it and I can see a few of the circuits cut short. It must've been damaged today. I take a few steps towards him and only then does he look up at me. His dull blue eyes look so confused and glossy. "What's your name?" I ask him trying to keep my voice steady.
"It's Bucky?" He says after a few moments, staring back into space.
"It's nice to meet you Bucky." I bite my lip suppressing the sob I know is coming. "I'm going to help you."
He just sits still and lets me do what I need to do.
The bright blue energy courses from my fingers and finds its way to the small scrapes over his body. They slowly close themselves over and I bring my hands away.

I lift my eyes to see Bucky looking at me curiously. "What's your name?" He asks me.
"Leia." I whisper. He tilts his head curiously, then throws it to the side squeezing his eyes shut. He lets out a low groan and I jump forward. "Bucky, are you alright?" I ask trying to keep my voice low. His eyes snap open and he breathes in and out heavily. He turns his head to look up at me. His eyes are swimming as they search mine.
"Leia?" He mumbles questioningly. I can tell he's putting the pieces together.
"Yes! Leia." I say and I hear the jangling of keys outside the steel door. I snap my head around and throw a dark blue current at the door and it spreads to the lock. I hold it there flexing my hand, holding the vault locked.