104. The Boys

SURPRISE!!! Double post!! This is a bit of a change of pace but hope you enjoy these new characters as much as I enjoyed writing them! Please let me know what you think xoxo

The hour is well past midnight and the compound is silent. Bucky fights sleep absolutely terrified of the nightmares that would ensue as soon as he closes his eyes. The action is useless while he remains in bed so he gets up sauntering through the cold corridor. En route he decides water would possibly help, changing his destination to the kitchen. As he enters he hears footsteps from the other side. Steve emerges sending his friend a light smile. They both grab a glass of water and stand in silence when another set of footsteps come from the way Bucky came. Loki walks in with his head held high as always and he too grabs a glass. There's a silence once again as the three stand idle, when Axyl also wanders into the space.
"Water?" Bucky, Steve and Loki all ask him cracking a smile.
"Nah I was thinking something stronger." Axyl suggests.
"That we can do." Bucky walks to the liquor cabinet and spies the tall bottle of Akonion Ale that Thor made them all swear not to touch. But fuck it right?
"If Thor asks..." Loki pops the cap off the bottle and takes a swig. "It was Aura."
"Agreed." Axyl says taking the bottle and tipping it back too.
There's a delicate clink of glasses as Steve sets four down on the marble bench top. They pour a generous amount in each glass and all pick them up.
"If the girls can do it so can we!" Steve grins holding his up to cheers and the others follow suit.

The odd bunch talk for what feels like hours, though eventually the cheers and laughter die down, one by one the men retreat to their rooms. But Bucky stays enjoying the warm glow of the kitchen over his dark and cold room.

-

Meanwhile, back at the club Wanda has been whisked away onto the dance floor by Gray, which honestly baffles the girls seeing as they know of her reluctancy in the past. The rest of them are still sitting around the table drinking and enjoying the light conversation. Ryan is hitting on Aura which if it was any other day she'd have no problem with it, but Loki...
Nat, Duncan, Leia and Theo are all having a friendly conversation just trying to get to know each other better and Leia keeps stealing glances at Theo over the rim of her martini glass.
"So where are you from?" Theo asks over the loud music.
"Sorry?" Leia asks unable to hear him over the volume of the room.
"Pardon?" He leans in trying to hear her.
"What?"
"Oh fuck this." Theo stands up and pulls his chair around to sit right next to Leia. He looks at her with a cheeky smile before saying, "I asked where you're from?"
"Queens, you?" Leia replies with a small smile interested to find the heritage of his accent.
"I was born in Buckinghamshire, England," Leia giggles as she sips her glass.
"That's a real place..." She bites her lip trying to fight back her chuckles.
Theo's cheeks glow as he smiles widely. "Yes it's a real place, but I moved to Greece about six years ago and if you think Buckinghamshire is strange you're not ready to hear the places I visited there." He tells her.
"So you can speak Greek then?" Leia raises a brow.
"ναι μπορώ άγγελος. (Yes I can Angel)" The foreign language rolls effortlessly off his tongue.
"Yiamas. (Cheers)" Leia clinks her glass with Theo's beer, her eyes lingering on his dilated ones.
"Do you wanna dance?" He breaks the short silence.
"Absolutely." There's a certain sparkle in her eye as she takes Theo's outstretched hand.

Theo pulls her to his chest and Leia is startled by the action, being so close to him. Her body is stiff realising the amount of drunk people on the floor and Theo notices. "I've got you." He whispers just loud enough for her to hear over the music. Leia smiles feeling her body relax as she breathes in his scent, and my god is it heavenly.
A familiar song begins and Leia excitedly throws her arms in the air, singing along to the lyrics while Theo joins her movements. They're laughing as Theo grabs her hand and twirls her around. He has no shame when it comes to his hands, resting them on her waist. Leia's in an utter trance as she finds his beautiful eyes.
The DJ rolls through different songs remixing them together and the pair just enjoy themselves moving with the beat. Leia will admit Theo is a far better dancer than her, but his hands on her hips offer some sort of assistance.
Theo spins Leia around again and she accidentally stumbles backwards, knocking into a man holding a very full beer. The drink splashes at his feet, dripping down his hands and his movements cease so quickly.
"I'm so sorry, let me get you another." She offers even though not much was actually spilled.
The guy turns around and he looks down at her with an angry facial expression. "Watch it!" He almost growls.
"Hey! Don't talk to her that way, she just offered to get you a new one man." Theo steps in front of Leia somewhat protectively.
"It's fine Theo, let's go." Leia tries to pull his arm but his feet stay firmly planted.
"No, he needs to apologise."
"It's okay, I spilt his drink, I'm sorry sir, Theo please let's just go." She tries to pull him again.
"No Leia, he needs to be taught a lesson." Theo steps up closer to the man and the guy smirks wickedly.
"Are you threatening me?"
"Perhaps I am, now I'd like you to apologise." Theo's voice is low. At this point there seems to be more eyes on them and for not such a good reason.
The guy turns around and laughs, while handing his drink to his mate. And as he turns back around he lays a hard punch to Theo's nose and the snap is tremendous.
"Oh!!!" Leia screams as Theo stumbles backwards. Leia grabs him as he gets his bearings, seeing the blood. "Oh my god."
"I'm fine, I'm fine." Leia reaches for him but senses the man's presence still behind her and she quickly turns around catching his incoming punch. There's a sudden confusion behind the mans eyes but it twists into pain as she yanks his fist around the other way. She drops his arm forcefully, and sends her knee up into his groin. He doubles over in pain, dropping to his knees. As she sends a final blow to his jaw she sees six more men, clearly the guys friends, close in behind.

Wanda turns around hearing the commotion behind her. Seeing Leia facing six burly men who are getting closer to her.
"Oh hell no." She passes Gray her drink and storms over. She's about to deploy her powers when a hand catches her wrist. She looks up to see Nat with a warning look on her face.
"We can beat them with out using your powers." Nat smirks as they stand by Leia. Aura rises from her seat seeing the scene too, hurrying to help.
The six men stop in front of the women with scowls on each of their faces.
"What are you waiting for? An invitation?" Leia smirks and they all lunge at them, their egos bruised already.

Two men lunge at Nat and she ducks under, kicking one of them in the back while the other turns and swings again. She grabs his closed fist and flips him over and he lands on his back with a harsh grunt. Nat takes on the second guy kicking his legs out from under him. Another man runs at Nat but Wanda catches him first, tripping him and he tumbles to the floor knocking his head. Wanda rolls her eyes at how pathetic he is.
Aura grabs the fourth mans arm twisting it behind his back, and using her other arm to hold him around the neck. There's a slight glimmer in her hand as she produces a small knife holding it to his neck.
"One wrong move..." She whispers menacingly. Her eyes dart around seeing the growing crowds staring, so she quickly conjures away the knife dropping the man with a final shove.
Leia sees the final two men running at her from either side and she too rolls her eyes at their foolishness. Just as they're about to reach her she steps to the side swiftly and they bang into each other crashing to the floor.

Leia stands looking down at them smoothing the front of her dress when another pair of arms grab her from behind. As she goes to shove him off she sees the black uniform of the security guard.
"Let's go, you guys are done!" They push Leia, Wanda, Nat and Aura outside onto the crowded sidewalk.
"He started it!" Leia yells though they're long gone inside.
"What the hell was that!?" Duncan says filing out of the club with the others in tow and the women stay silent.
"That was fucking awesome!" Gray breaks their silence wrapping his arm around Wanda's shoulder and the girls sigh in relief.
"Wait I know you!" Ryan pipes up looking to Nat. "You're an Avenger! You all are?"
"You got us." Nat says sarcastically.
Leia's chest slows as her adrenaline ceases and her eyes fall on Theo. "Theo your nose!" She hurries over to inspect his obviously broken nose. She grabs his jaw turning his face to look at the unnatural bump from the side.
"I'm fine, it's all good."
"No it isn't. Just hold still." Leia laughs at his pride. With a hand on his chin, she uses the other to cast the small blue currents into his nose. They clear up the blood and then there's a snapping sound as his bridge slips back into place. Moments later Leia draws her hand back smiling at his now straight nose. "Much better."

Theo's eyes don't leave hers as he reaches up to his nose softly grazing his fingers over it to find there's no bump let alone any pain.

He seems confused at first but soon a wide grin grows.
"That is something else Leia." His eyes search hers and Leia can't help but blush. Before he notices she turns back to the group, Nat and Aura argue with the security whilst Wanda and Gray flirt profusely. Leia doesn't want the night to end here. She whips back around to face Theo, "How about we keep this party going? Back at our house?" She suddenly feels as if she has been too forward but Theo's smile soothes her stress.
"Absolutely." He finally speaks.
"Hey everyone, how about we go back to ours." Leia says to the group.
"Yes, oh my gosh we have a great liquor collection back at the compound." Wanda breaks her trance with Gray excitedly looking around hoping to have won everyone's approval.
"Sure why not!" Ryan exclaims and agreements chorus out from everyone else.

The eight all pile into two seperate cabs. Leia, Theo, Wanda and Gray share one and Leia takes the middle backseat between Wanda and Theo. It's not long before she notices how close she really is to him, pressed against his side and she can see him shifting uncomfortably.
"Sorry, I can move over if you'd like." Leia attempts to shift but Theo grasps her wrist.
"It's...not that..." He looks over to her and it's only now that she sees a slight flush of red across his cheeks highlighted by the city lights streaming in the window. She is slightly confused for a moment but when she looks down it becomes abundantly clear. He smiles at her awkwardly but her mind is blank, instead of saying anything back she turns to Wanda who is laughing at their interaction.
"Eavesdropper." Leia playfully narrows her eyes at her friend.
"Yeah yeah." Wanda smiles back.