66. She's Mine

The walk from their room to Loki's doesn't settle Bucky's mind, only allows him to gather himself somewhat. He grasps the door handle breathing deeply unsure of how he's going to confront the god. Perhaps he's being too hasty. Before he lets his mind convince himself otherwise, he pushes through the door. Bucky's eyes fall upon a shirtless Loki and the situation suddenly feels real. As he looks at him, the image of Leia with the man before him flashes across his brain. His prior anger and pain rises in him once again. Bucky's movements are awfully calm as he shuts the door behind him, turning the lock slowly.
Engrossed in his novel, Loki doesn't look up but greets Bucky. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"
Anger powering Bucky's actions he realises he didn't think this far ahead.
"We need to talk." Bucky says sitting down on the end of Loki's bed.
"If it's about what happened earlier, I'm sorry if I overstepped." Loki apologises.
'Overstepped alright.' Bucky thinks to himself. As if ignoring the gods statement Bucky begins his line of fire. "So, whereabouts were you around this time four years ago?"
Loki's mind whirs thinking of ways to avoid the pending awkward conversation. "I want to say New Asgard with Thor." Loki replies blatantly lying.
"Don't lie to me." Bucky seethes.
Loki finally closes the book, understanding the gravity of the conversation. His eyes meet Bucky's dark ones taking a short breath. "If not that I was probably in Florida."
"With?" Bucky's reply is cold, emotionless.
"Leia." He says simply.
"What did you get up to while you were there?" Bucky says menacingly, arms tense.
"That depends on what Leia told you." Loki feels as though he knows the reasoning behind Bucky's impromptu visit but doesn't want to give away too much in case he's wrong.
"Leave her out of this, she's told me everything. I'm asking you. This is about you!"
"Well I'm pretty sure it was both of us." Loki jests.
"It shouldn't have fucking happened! What makes you think you can do that?!" Bucky's jaw is clenched. Loki stays silent not entirely sure how to respond to the soldiers statement. "You don't deserve her!" Bucky presses on.
"What makes you think that YOU do?" Loki counters.
"She's mine."
"Don't talk about her like she's an object!"
"Loki, she's mine." Bucky's voice falters slightly.
"Well if we're talking about her as if she's a fucking object.. she WAS mine..." Loki's voice becomes more angry. Bucky's taken aback by his statement and before he can get a word in Loki continues to speak trying to get a rise out of him. "Look, you guys weren't even official. That really just makes you glorified fuck buddies."
"Fuck off." Bucky's blood boils.
"Oh yes, I forgot about your lack of intimacy. Leia told me all about it." Loki fumes. "Is that why you're so upset? You were hoping it'd be you? Then why didn't you?"
"That's none of your business but... we aren't ready." Bucky almost hesitates revealing the fact.
"I think she was." Loki smirks, registering his words. "So you still haven't? I don't know how you've managed to keep you hands off her for this long?"
Bucky's thoughts take over and he starts to wonder why he didn't? What was stopping him? Loki's clearly right in the fact. She must've been if she was willing to with someone she'd only known for several months. He catches himself before he second guesses too much.
"She could've had anyone. I just can't believe that-"
"She didn't choose you?" Loki interrupts, his words slicing through Bucky.
"Well she chose me now, but the thought of you..." He trails off looking over the god, "Touching her disgusts me."
"I can assure you, despite what you think of me, she very much enjoyed it." Loki informs with a sly smile causing Bucky to explode.
Suddenly the door opens, cracking on its hinges. Bucky is too enraged to notice as he yells his next words. "She's too good for you, she... deserved for it to be with someone who loves her!!!!!"
Bucky's frustrated by the conversation and Loki's retorts. "For fucks sake Bucky, it's just sex!"
A silence falls upon the room giving Bucky the chance to think. Both men notice the presence in the room now and turn to face Leia who looks at them blankly. As she looks between the pair he realises he thinks the exact opposite to Loki, he may have agreed with him before the war but Leia is different.
"Did she know that? That it was just sex?" Bucky fires nodding towards Leia, she stays silent watching the conversation unfold.
"She would be stupid to think that it was anything else." Loki pauses thinking for a moment. Leia nods hurt by the statement but doesn't disagree.
"Honestly Bucky, I think I did you a favour, she has a bit of experience now." Loki smiles at Leia and she sends him a glare.
"Loki you're not helping." She seethes.
Hearing his name slip past her lips causes Bucky to clench his fists as his eyes lock onto Loki, a murderous glare growing. Loki understands what's about to occur and throws more taunts at the soldier's already aggravated person. "I mean it's in the past, but if we are being technical I fucked her first and there is nothing you can do about that." Loki explains.
Bucky's rage gets the best of him and he lunges forward and lands one square on Loki's jaw sending him backwards.
"Bucky!" Leia jumps forward, pulling his arm as Loki holds his jaw and mockingly laughs again, pulling himself together.
"Why didn't you tell him earlier?" Loki asks Leia.
"Shut up." Leia says simply, her eyes still locked on Bucky. He rips from her grip and storms out without another glance at either of them.
"What the hell." She shakes her head disapprovingly at Loki.
"You tell me what I'm supposed to say next time, give me a script or something." Loki jokes, adjusting his jaw. She rolls her eyes and contemplates whether she should leave Bucky to steam.
"I'm sorry about your door." She says simply. In her efforts to get through the locked door she had to blast the door handle. Leia leaves the room promptly walking back to her own.