68. Demons

Leia stumbles into the kitchen, early in the morning. It's become a routine for her over the last few tormenting days. She spies her best friend, the coffee pot, and practically lunges for it.
"I don't know what I'd do with out you." She speaks to the delectable liquid.
A strange giggle fills the room followed by a ditsy high pitched voice. "Who're you talking to?"
"Oh Jesus Christ." Leia mumbles beneath her breath before turning to face the girl. Her eyes widen slightly capturing her appearance. Her clearly bleached hair and makeup clad face aren't the first things that her eyes are drawn to. It's, in fact, the silky robe that hangs loosely around her, tied at the waist.
"Who are you?" She deadpans.
"Oh I'm Krystal..." She giggles. "With a K."
Leia brings her mug of coffee to her lips to conceal her smirk.
"You know coffee's really bad for your skin." Krystal smiles almost condescendingly.
Leia opens her mouth to retort but Loki walks into the room carrying a small pile of clothes. He sees her and rolls his eyes dramatically. Caught again. "Krystal, I see you've met Leia."
"Ooh that's Leia!? I didn't even recognise her, oh my god!" She squeals.
"Here's your clothes." Loki hands her the pile.
"Awwww, already!" She pouts and flutters her puppy-dog eyes, Leia cringing at the action.
"Yeah, I think it's time to go." Loki repeats the words which have become all too familiar to Leia.
"Okayyyyyy." She draws out the sound. Loki walks her over to the door opening it for her.
"I'll call you." His voice laced with seduction. He leans down, planting a kiss firmly on her lips before pulling away.
"Okay." She giggles and winks, blowing a kiss before walking out the door.

"Loki, what is going on with you?" Leia immediately captures the gods attention.
"What do you mean?" He looks at her with a blank expression. Leia lets out a low sigh.
"A different girl every night? The same routine the next morning? Have you actually called any of them?" She quizzes.
"Well I-"
"How do you think that makes them feel?" Leia's tone is serious, laying the real talk on thick. "They probably thought you guys had a great night, only to never hear from you again?"
Loki's face is still blank as he looks at her registering her words. "Are you okay?" She asks her voice ever so soft.
"I'm fine Leia." He says.
"Then what's gotten into you? This isn't you, you're not like this!" She asks him.
"I don't know, I just..." The god fades out unable to find his words.
"Well listen to me when I say this Loki, I don't know what's going on with you, but I know you well enough to see that this is out of character. You're a gentleman, who has so much love to give. You treat a woman with respect and graciousness, I know first hand. What happened?"
"She was unavailable." He mumbles. Leia's eyes widen and she's taken aback slightly by his words.
"I see... that may be the case, but Loki there's someone out there for you. You just need to stop looking. Take a step back and who knows you might just bump into them one day. But you need to stop with the different girl every night, because if I have to introduce myself to one more girl I might go insane!" Leia laughs and she sees Loki crack a smile.
"How is it you always know what to say?" He asks her.
"It's a gift." She grins. "But I'm serious Loki, you're gonna find them one day, I know it. And when you do, she's going to be one of the luckiest girls around, okay?"
"Okay." Loki looks at her with teary eyes. He hadn't thought about it quite like she put it. His emotions are at an all time high, excreted through tears.
Leia puts her mug down and stands up, she hugs Loki's waist breathing out deeply as his arms wrap around her shoulders. She'd honestly missed the feeling.
"You're a really good friend Leia." Loki mumbles making her pull away.
"I'll always be there for you, you know that?" She says unconsciously.
"Promise?" He holds his pinky up with a mischievous grin.
"Promise." She laughs linking her pinky with his.
It's at that moment, looking in her eyes, that Loki finds peace. He realizes that she's not his, she never was. She's always been a friend to him and that's all she'll ever be. But in that moment and from then on, he'll be okay with that. She's wise beyond her years, and Loki believes her words. There is a person out there for everyone and he hasn't found his yet, but she has. And right now it's really messy for them.