94. It's Complicated

"Good morning." Thor smiles brightly as Wanda walks into the kitchen. She dismisses him with a small groan really not in the mood for any sort of interaction after what went down last night. "Okayyyy." Thor drags out clearly getting the message. The silence fills the space once more as Wanda sets about fixing herself a cup of coffee. Thor's foot taps against the floors, the silence slowly crushing him.
"Are you okay? I just feel like there's something wrong?" He blurts, not wanting to get mixed up in her business but the silence was driving him mad.
"I'm fine Thor." Again Wanda dismisses.
"Is it about Loki, he really is the worst sometimes, did he do something?"
"Yes it's about Loki, and yes he did do something, he spent the night out with Aura without telling me." She finally caves.
Thor laughs slightly and Wanda just frowns at him. "Wanda you needn't worry about that. There isn't anything between them. Besides Aura and I married yesterday, oh I wasn't supposed to tell anyone that." Thor clasps a hand over his mouth sheepishly.
"Did you?"
"Well I suppose the secrets out then." He slowly brings his hand down. "Just don't tell anyone else okay."
"Okay..." Wanda looks down at the mug in her hand just taking a moment to let his words settle. "I, uh, I need to go talk to your brother."
She stands quickly leaving her mug in its place. Perhaps she jumped the gun too quickly, didn't let him explain himself.

She hurries down the corridor towards their room hoping to find him there seeing as she isn't currently occupying it, but alas he isn't. She ventures further through the house, finally making out familiar muffled voices through Aura's cracked open bedroom door.

"I want you." Wanda hears Loki's voice through the open door.
She hears a softer voice too, but can't quite make out the words. She takes a step closer to the door, only to hear Loki again.
"Wanda and I have never even made it official." She notes the pleading in his tone. She's still unable to make out the words of who she assumes to be Aura.
"We can keep it a secret, no one has to know." Those words make Wanda's heart drop to the floor and shatter completely assuming Aura had agreed to his proposition. She runs down the hall, mind racing, her throat tightens as her eyes well with tears.
Her movements are halted just as fast as they began when she crashes into something hard.
"God, I'm sorry." She looks up wiping her cheeks not wanting whoever it is to see her tears. She comes face to face with the bluest eyes she thinks she's ever seen.
"Now why does such a pretty lady have a frown on her face." Deimos asks her.
"Oh don't worry," Wanda walks past him but he turns and follows her on her way down the hall.
"Perhaps there is something I can do to change that?" He smirks looking down at her as she reaches for the door handle of her room.
Wanda looks up at him tilting her head to the side for a moment. "Perhaps there is." She plasters a similar smirk on her face pulling him into the room.
The pain and anger that bubbles inside her fuels her actions as she crashes her lips against Deimos'. The god kisses her back, thoroughly enjoying the moment of intimacy. Her hands are tangled in his grown out hair and he scoops her up, wrapping her legs around his waist. He moves all too easily over to the bed laying her down beneath him, never once separating their kiss.
Wanda's feelings of regret are pushed to the way side by her hatred and anger towards both Loki and Aura in that moment.

Loki walks away from Aura's room letting her words sink in completely. She is right. He lets his body carry him down the hall lost in thought. He really needs to talk to Wanda. She's probably his only chance at getting over Aura, if that's even a possibility. A destination finally in mind he walks straight to their bedroom, on the way thinking of all the ways he could better himself for Wanda, and treat her the way he should've been over the last few weeks.
The door is slightly ajar as he finds himself in front of it. He takes a breath accepting the conversation he just had with Aura and his new future. Loki pushes the door open walking in before he registers what he sees. When the image before him finally does become clear, his eyes narrow. Wanda lays on the bed they shared, lip locked with Deimos. The tall god stalks over to them and uses his strength to pull Deimos by the back of his shirt, off Wanda. Loki keeps his grip on Deimos, backing him into the wall, forcing his forearm to his neck. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!" Loki yells at the god struggling against his iron grip.
"Are you okay?" He turns to Wanda who's now sitting up, thinking the worst.
"Let him go Loki." Wanda deadpans, but Loki just pushes harder against his neck not saying a word, watching Deimos gasp, trying to get a grip.
"What the fuck!!" Deimos manages to push Loki back just enough to get free. Before Loki has the chance to launch at the man once more, Wanda stands between the steaming pair.
"Stop Loki!"
"Move Wanda- who do you think you are!?!" Loki spits.
"She initiated it man." Deimos says throwing Wanda under the bus.
Loki looks down to the girl between them, repeating, "Move."
"He's right Loki." Wanda's eyes are full of anger.
"You've got to be kidding me!" His eyes swim with a mix of sadness and anger. "How long has this been going on?"
"How long have you been sneaking around with Aura?!" Wanda fires back not answering his question.
"I told you we didn't do anything!"
"Oh please, 'we can keep it a secret, no one has to know'. Spare me the lies Loki!"
"Wait a minute, you're sleeping with my sister!" Deimos gives Loki a judgemental once over.
"No, I'm not!" He yells back.
"What the hell is going on in here!?" Another voice enters the room and they all turn to see Aura with her hands on her hips.
"Oh yeah, act all innocent." Wanda rolls her eyes.
"So this is the guy you chose to marry?" Deimos laughs mockingly.
"No, I married Thor." "No, she married Thor." Aura and Loki both say simultaneously.
"So you're fucking both of them!?" Deimos raises a brow provocatively.
"What the fuck no, neither of them!" Aura yells, the volume in the room increasing by the second.
"Yeah but she wishes she was." Wanda mutters crossing her arms across her chest. Aura sends her friend a hard glare.
"Wanda nothing happened!!" Loki tries to get through to her.
"Don't lie to her Loki." Aura bites in the heat of the moment and Loki whips his head to her with wide eyes. "Go on, tell her." The goddess' anger boils also.
"Thanks Aura... fine, we kissed." He says looking back at Wanda who's eyes spark with tears again.
"Ha!" Aura rolls her eyes.
"Okay, twice." Loki admits and Wanda's anger slowly settles to sadness.
"Twice?" She says barely above a whisper.
"It was wrong, I know and I'm so sorry. It was stupid, I don't know what I was thinking. But I don't want her, I want you!" Aura's eyes begin to tear, but she quickly looks up to the ceiling before they can fall over her waterline, her heart feeling like it's been ripped from her chest by his words.
"Yeah but the difference between you and I Loki, is that I always wanted you." Her words slice through him as she walks past them and to the door. Thor walks in just as she's about to leave.
"Guys, we're leaving now." He says completely oblivious to the conversation that just ensued.
"I'm not coming." Wanda mumbles taking off her jacket.
"I'll stay here with you." Loki steps towards her but her words interrupt him.
"No! There's no fixing this. I don't want to be anywhere near you." Wanda's words are like ice as she disappears leaving everyone in an awkward silence.

"What did you do?" Thor turns to his brother with an accusing tone.

-

"Oh Axyl!" Aura exclaims running to greet her friend.
"Uh hi." He's taken aback when she hugs him so abruptly but he embraces her nonetheless. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm okay, it's all good." She waves him off quickly sparing him the details. "Thank you for coming, it means a lot to me. We're just about to leave."
"Oh... you're going with them?" Axyl had missed that part of her explanation the evening prior.
"Well yes, it is my mission." She smiles proudly.
"I see."
"Well hey, I hope this isn't too much to ask of you but I really need a favour." Aura looks at him hopefully.
"Go on."
"Would you please look out for Wanda while we're gone. Hang out with her, just make sure she's okay please."
Axyl looks at her hopeful eyes and melts instantly, he can never say no to those eyes. "Yes, of course."
"Thank you! I love you, you're amazing. I'll see you when we get back okay." She kisses him on the cheek quickly, hurrying out of her home, leaving Axyl with flushed cheeks.

There's a silence that falls upon the house and Axyl wanders about trying to keep up his end of the favour. He eventually finds her in one of the rooms in the vast corridor. He knocks lightly on the open door and she looks up from her lap.
"May I come in?" He asks softly.
"No." Wanda mumbles, sadness still written all over her face.
"Aura asked me to look out for you today." He admits foolishly.
"Definitely no." She rolls her eyes.
"I'm gonna come in." He enters despite her wishes he did otherwise. He bounds over to the bed and she just looks up at him curiously, almost intrigued by his pushy demeanour.
"I don't know what's going on but we're gonna have fun today! There should never be a dull day on Olympus." Axyl grins and Wanda lets out a small laugh, nodding her head.

-

"You good Buck?" Steve asks pulling Bucky's attention.
"Yeah, what, I'm fine." He says quickly walking further into the Benetar, standing before Steve.
"Bucky.."
"I don't really feel like going." He admits to his best friend.
"Please come man, I don't think I can do this alone." Bucky gives Steve a puzzled look. "What if it's Nat..."
"I'll be with you every step of the way." Bucky laughs.
"That's really cheesy." Steve chuckles too. Their laughter dies down after a second and Steve speaks back up. "I don't know what I'm going to do about Emma if it is."
"What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean."
"Steve, damn, you're a player." Bucky punches him in the arm lightly.
"Is it terrible of me to do that?" Steve asks.
"No, I don't think so, if she's who you really want."
"Yeah... I just don't want to get my hopes up in case it's not." Steve hangs his head slightly.
"If I'm being honest, I'm not Emma's biggest fan." He scrunches his nose and Steve huffs.
"Then it's settled." He jests.

"Morning soldiers." Rocket mockingly salutes the men as he, Groot, Nebula, Mantis, and Drax walk onto the ship. They all salute them except for Nebula who just rolls her eyes.
Aura walks onto the ship next followed by Thor, Leia, Tony, Quill and then Loki.
"Strap in, we gotta go."
"We really gotta go, another notification just came through, twice the size as the last." Aura says swiping across her SynPad, taking a seat behind Quill and Rocket, next to Thor.

-

Tensions are high as they fly away from Olympus, everyone anticipating what's to come. The Guardians holding their breath that they'll be reunited with Gamora, while the others subconsciously assuming it's got something to do with Nat.
"God it's so quiet in here!" Rocket breaks the seemingly never ending silence. "Someone please talk!!" Nobody heeds his request and the space remains completely silent. "Oh come on, surely someone has something interesting to talk about?"
"Thor and Aura got married." Loki pipes up.
"There we go- wait WHAT?!" Rocket does a double take looking at the pair behind him.
"Loki." Aura grumbles putting her head in her hand.
"Since when?" Quill pipes up.
"Yesterday, if you must know." Thor says squashing the conversation plunging the room into silence once again.
"Well that was short lived. Anyone got anything else?" Rocket asks again.
"Loki and Wanda broke up." Aura returns the favour.
"What?" Leia leans forward looking at Loki but he doesn't meet her eyes, just glares at Aura.
"Yeah why?" Drax pipes up too.
"It's none of your business." Loki bites sitting back in his seat.
"Woah, woah, okay, I'm sensing some animosity in the air." Rocket exclaims sarcastically.
"Asshole." Aura mutters under her breath.
"Good chat..." He puts his thumbs up and turns back to face the front window letting out a long breath.

"How far away are we Rocket?" Leia asks trying to break the thick tension surrounding them.
"We're about two hours out from the jump." He responds sending her a thankful nod.

-