76. Bacchus Beers

"Are we there yet?" Mantis and Drax both ask for about the hundredth time.
"For fucksake, shut up!!!" Quill yells at the ends of his tether.
"We have arrived." Thor announces to the group.
"Uh Thor... that looks a lot like traffic to me." Rocket pipes up slightly agitated.
"Well by arriving I mean we're on a extremely long highway into Olympus that may take several hours on a good day." Thor explains.
"Is it a good day...?" Drax questions.
Thor hesitates. "...No..."
"Shit." Quill rolls his eyes. "Well can someone at least crack a window! It smells like decaying Orloni."
"I am Groot. (Or Abilisk intestinal juice)"
"Gross man! I didn't need a reminder of that smell!!" Rocket groans.

-

"Rocket hurry up we're almost there!" Loki pesters the raccoon as he alters the ships systems to allow them access into Olympus.
"Well if your brother had told me two days ago that we needed a registered vessel in order to enter Olympus I would've been finished by now!" Rocket digs.
"I didn't realise that mine had been revoked now just hurry up!" Thor demands.
"How did you get yours revoked?" Quill asks nosily.
"It's a long story." He waves him off.
"Well it's a good thing we have one now." Rocket smiles proudly twirling a screwdriver between his fingers.
"Are you sure this will work?" Loki asks, a hint of concern laced in his words.
"Of course it will work." Rocket retorts. "Who do you think I am?"
Loki rolls his eyes as they pull up to the gate the setting sun casting a golden glow about the city.
A loud clang rips through the air as large metal arms grab the ship holding it stationary. Suddenly the ship jolts as the power is cut by the apparatus.
"Aye watch the paint, the audacity of these people." Rocket yells.
"Thor, does it usually take this long? The people in front of us have been zooming through." Quill notes.
"Yes, yes, no need for concern, yet..." Thor looks around as three men in black armour fly around the ship with jet powered boots.
"Permission to board." A voice booms through the intercom.
"Sure." Quill looks to Thor nervously.
Moments later the three men enter the main space.
"Good evening, gentlemen and bug lady." One speaks. "There's an issue with the size of your vessel therefore we've organised a specific landing zone for you if you would allow me to take you."
Quill opens his mouth to object to the guards request but Thor beats him to it. "Of course, thank you for your accomodations." He grabs Quill's jacket and tugs him out of the chair. The guard takes his place and the apparatus lets go of the ship.

-

"Where to now brother?" Loki asks.
"I have a plan." Thor insists.
"No you don't." Loki retorts knowing his brother all too well.
"Shut up Loki... We must travel to Mt Olympus, I think Aura will be there." Thor says leading their trek.
"So they're just gonna let us in to the place no questions asked? And what if she's not even there?" Quill makes note of the flaws in their plan.
"Well we'll ask someone on our way. The people of Olympus are very accomodating." Thor argues.

The group of eight wander through the streets as the sky turns dark. The once glowing, almost ethereal city, shifts around them. The hanging signs now abrasive neon colours, the venders walking the streets to find their next victim. Gambling games are played around them on the narrow street corners and the once lively music has been replaced by almost techno tunes.
They all but Thor look around with wide eyes taking in the unfamiliar sights. "We're entering High Town now, so keep your eye out for the a store called Pandora's Box. We can ask about Aura in there." Thor says.
"I am Groot? (Isn't Pandora's Box a bad thing?)" Groot's face falls with slight concern.
"Oh don't you worry Tree, it's perfectly fine."

"Is that it?" Mantis points ahead of them to a store on one of the street corners.
"Yes! Good eye Mantis. Come on!" Thor strides with purpose up to the mysterious looking storefront.
Once inside it's clear that they've entered a weapons arsenal. There are a variety of extraterrestrial weapons from floor to ceiling. Their eyes fall on the far wall behind the venders bench where the most expensive and unique weapons hang, Aura's name plastered above them. Rocket's eyes are about to pop out of his head as he stares around the covered walls.
"Now Rocket don't touch anything!" Quill catches the raccoon as he's about to grasp one of the guns on the lower wall.
"But-"
"Or say anything either!" Quill adds with a stern eye.
"Come ooon!" He huffs drawing his hand back to his side.