21. Let's Go Soldier

"Bucky c'mon." Leia can't keep the smile off her face as she drags Bucky out of the apartment. The pair have stayed inside for as long as they possibly can. Even though he won't admit it, Bucky is petrified of being noticed by someone. He always puts on a brave face for Leia but he really is scared. Leia on the other hand tries not to think about it too much. It's certainly hard sometimes and she'll often find herself too petrified she won't even go out. But most times she tries to push the feeling down. She can't live in fear for the rest of her life.

Leia was out walking earlier in the day when she came across a flyer that peaked her interest. Bucky is hesitant when she tells him they're going out but she constantly reassures him that it's all going to be okay.
"Just come on, trust me." She grabs his hand pulling him down the moonlit street. Bucky smiles a toothy grin and follows her. They come to a stop in front of an old theatre. There's lights illuminating the front entrance and a few people dressed in nice outfits are walking in.
"What're we doing?" Bucky asks suddenly worried about the people.
"It's okay, follow me." Leia smiles brightly and runs around the side of the building. Bucky is hot on her heels as she stops by a side door. She tries the handle and it opens quietly. Her eyes brighten as they slip inside.

Leia runs quietly over to the set of metal stairs, taking them two at a time.
"Leia!" Bucky whisper yells.
"Shhh!" She says quickly as they make it up onto the platform. They can hear the crowds getting louder as they walk along the metal platforms. Eventually the space opens up and they can see down into the theatre. There are people filling the seats and the view of the stage is perfect.

Leia sits down cross legged just as the curtains draw back. Bucky follows her actions quietly and leans forward to watch what's happening below.
The orchestra starts to play as the actors filter onto the stage. They play different songs mixed with dialogue and Leia can't keep the smile off her face. She's never seen something quite like this before. Bucky's eyes are glued to the scene below, in a complete trance by the story.
Basically, the storyline goes, there's a female protagonist who finds herself homeless after losing her job. In the pursuit to find herself she stumbles upon a man. He's got a tragic backstory but is devastatingly rich and they fall in love. There's bumps along the way but ultimately, in finding herself they fall madly head over heels for each other.
The pair watch the musical below them and all the people in the audience having a lovely time. Leia subconsciously leans her head onto Bucky's shoulder, totally content. Bucky's heart swells at the slight affection. He's falling for this girl, hard.

The play concludes and the audience cheers.
Bucky stands up and looks down at Leia with a smile.
"May I have this dance?" He asks the air before jumping in front of himself imitating the person.
"Of course." He makes his voice higher in pitch before dancing around with the air, imitating the people from the play.
Leia can't hold in her laughter anymore and she cracks up, letting out a loud laugh.
"Hei! (Hey!)" A foreign voice enters the space and they see a flashlight shine through the metal work. "Nu poti fi aici sus! (You can't be up here!)"

Bucky's eyes widen as Leia jumps up.
"Come on!" She pulls his hand and they start sprinting away. The man with the flashlight runs behind them trying to chase them down. The pair run up a flight of stairs and crash through the door, out onto the roof. The night air is brisk but they can still hear the mans boots running behind them.
"Come on." Bucky grabs Leia's hand and they sprint through the night. Leia's hair whips behind her while Bucky's is covered in his baseball hat. She can't help but let out a string of giggles and Bucky joins in with her. The pair find the situation totally hilarious.
"Vino înapoi aici. (Get back here)" The security guard yells from the stairwell.

"Get ready to jump." Bucky laughs and Leia just nods. "Go!" He yells and the pair launch off the edge of the roof disappearing into the streets below. The security guard makes it to the edge of the roof and looks down trying to find them but he can't.