40. Let's Go On A Holiday

After the events at The Garden the remaining Avengers traveled back to Earth.

The Avengers for the most part split up. Natasha is the only one to remain at the compound while everyone else goes their separate ways.
After Tony got better he kept trying to develop more suits of armor hoping to protect the world from something like what already occurred. But eventually Pepper managed to persuade him to step down from the superheroics and retire.
Nebula and Rocket, being the only people they both have left, departed Earth in the Benatar to protect the other planets of the universe and help them through the repercussions of the snap. Carol following a similar path also left Earth, but the three stay in contact with Natasha at the compound.
Rhodey partnered with the remaining governments of the world to try and bring some peace and security to the planet.
Steve decided to leave the superheroics behind much like Tony, deciding to focus on himself.

Leaving Thor, Loki and Leia.
"Shall we go then?" Loki asks Leia as they stand outside. They'd discovered that Valkyrie survived the snap and brought the remaining Asgardians down to earth setting up a New Asgard. Thor planned to travel there immediately.
"I don't think I'm going to come." Leia says almost unsure.
"Why not? We'll be safe there." Loki says.
"It's not that I don't think I'll feel safe there it's that I feel like I should stay." She admits.
"Why?" He asks her simply.
"Val managed to get the Asgardians down to Earth and with Thor's help, New Asgard will prosper. We should just stay, they'll be fine." She tells him.
"I don't exactly think everyone's forgiven me for what I did the first time I was here." Loki admits.
"Then let's make people forgive you! You're a good guy Loki, as much as your title denies it, you are." Although Leia doesn't know what Loki did last time he was here it can't be that bad. Loki's a good guy.
His eyes widen by her words. Never has someone had this much of an open mind about him. He looks at Leia thinking over her words but Thor walks outside.

"Are you ready?" He asks them. Leia opens her mouth to speak but Loki jumps in before her.
"We're going to stay here. I'm sure you can take care of the Asgardians just fine brother."
Thor looks at his sibling in shock but a smile creeps onto his face after a moment. He's proud of him. "Alright brother, Leia, stay out of mischief." He chuckles before summoning the Bifrost.

Loki and Leia watch as the colorful bridge fades leaving an impression in the ground. She smiles at Loki momentarily before they both walk inside. The living area is empty and the large tv screen projects the news.

"Hello, I'm Bernard Dalton. The events of what people are calling the Blip have scoured the globe. People turning to dust just going about their days. According to recent census data conducted by what's left of the governments of the world shows that approximately 3.5 billion people were caught up in the Blip." The news anchorman says.

"I can't believe they're still running the news." Leia mumbles under her breath, watching intently.

"Bringing it back to our nations census, it's been determined which states were effected the worst. The top three being California, Texas and Florida." The man continues.

Leia and Loki slowly look at one another.
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Loki asks.
"Let's go on a holiday." Leia chuckles.

The pair rush into their rooms and pack a small bag. Leia hurries into Loki's room just as he closes the zipper.
"Ready?" He asks holding out his hand.
"Yeah." She says, hesitantly placing hers in his.
And with that a green light engulfs the pair and they teleport to their new destination.

-

Natasha assumed that the pair left with Thor to Asgard but in actual fact that's not the case. Loki and Leia make it to Florida.
Leia looks around the deserted place. She's never been before but imagines this isn't what it normally looks like.