50. Six Three One

Rocket knocks on the door of what Valkyrie explained was where Thor resides. It creaks open and the raccoon and Bruce walk in slowly.
"What the..?" Rocket looks around the hallway taking a whiff. "Whew! Something died in here!" He announces.
Bottles clink in the distance and Bruce yells out. "Hello? Thor!"
"Are you here about the cable?" Thor's disheveled voice comes through the room. "The Cinemax went out two weeks ago... and the sports are all kind of fuzzy and whatnot."

Thor leans down to grab another beer and Bruce's eyes widen slightly. "Thor?" He questions capturing the gods attention.
"Boys! Oh my god!" Thor holds his arms out yelling ecstatically. "Oh my god, it's good to see you!" Thor embraces Bruce and Rocket looks around the rest of the room where he spies Korg and Miek on the couch.
"Come here, cuddly little rascal!" Thor pulls Rocket into his big beer belly.
"Yeah no, I'm good. I'm good." Rocket yells as Thor laughs. "That's not necessary."

"Hulk you know my friends Miek and Korg right?" Thor points out.
"Hey boys!" Korg cheers.
"Hey guys." Bruce says. "Long time no see."
"Beers in the bucket. Feel free to log into the wifi. No password, obviously." Korg suddenly adjusts his headset. "Thor, he's back, that kid on the tv just called me a dickhead again."
"Noobmaster." Thor's voice lowers.
"Yeah, Noobmaster69 called me a dickhead." Korg says as Thor stalks over to him.
"I am sick of this." Thor takes the headset from Korg. "Noobmaster, hey it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder. Listen, bud, if you don't log off this game immediately I am gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms, and shove them up your butt! Oh, that's right, yes! Go cry to your father, you little weasel."
"Thank you, Thor." Korg praises the gods efforts.
"Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?"
"Thank you very much, I will." Korg nods.

Thor turns back to his visitors and sees another person enter the room.
"Ah brother, you've come to join us. Say hi to Hulk and Rabbit."
"Hello." Loki mutters. He looks in a very similar state to Thor, minus the impending beer belly. Loki's clothes are battered and his hair is disheveled. He looks ill with dark circles under his eyes.

"So! You guys want a drink? What are we drinking? I've got beer, tequila, all sorts of things." Thor opens a fresh bottle using Stormbreaker.
Bruce steps forward as Thor takes a swig. "Buddy, you alright?" He places his hand on Thor's shoulder.
"Yes I'm fine, we're fine. Why? Why, don't I look alright?" Thor tries to make his voice sound normal but the visitors read right through it.
"You look like melted ice cream!" Rocket tells him.

Thor laughs humorously. "So what's up? You just here for a hang, or what?"
"We need your help." Bruce tells him. "Loki too."
"Mm." The brothers mumble.
"There might be a chance we could fix everything." Bruce tells them.
"What, like the cable? Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks." Thor burps loudly between sentences.
"Like Thanos." Bruce says and Thor stops dead still, his smile fading from his face.

The sorrow and sadness hits him in an instant and he raises a hand to Bruce's chest. Pointing a deadly finger at him, Thor says weakly, "Don't... say that name."
"Um yeah, we don't actually say that name in here." Korg stands up discarding the headset.
"Please take your hand off me." Bruce says gently, clasping his hand around Thor's wrist and removing his hand. "Now I know that... guy might scare you-" Bruce starts but Thor interrupts.
"Why would I be?" He scoffs. "Why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who killed that guy, remember?"
"Hmm." Bruce mumbles.
"Anyone else here kill that guy?" He looks around the room and they all shake their heads. "Nope. Didn't think so... Korg, why don't you, uh, tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off?"
"Um.. Stormbreaker?" The Kronan says.
"Who was swinging Stormbreaker?" Thor asks.
"I think you should leave Bruce." Loki says lowly.
"I get it. You're in a rough spot, both of you. Okay? I've been there myself. And you wanna know who helped me out of it?" Bruce tells him.
"Um, uh, was it Natasha?" Thor slurs.
"It was you. You helped me." Bruce disregards his guess.
"So why don't you ask the Asgardians down there how much my help is worth?" Thor points out the window before sitting down in the armchair. "The ones that are left anyway."
"I think we could bring them back." Bruce starts.
"Stop." Thor shakes his head sniffing lightly. "Stop, okay? I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity waiting to be rescued and saved but I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?"
"Oh we're good here mate." Korg nods.
"Just fine." Loki's voice cracks slightly.
"So whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it. Don't care. Couldn't care less. Goodbye." Thor eats the random snack he had found.