65. The Unlucky Hour

"Are you guys okay?" Leia laughs, asking Sam and Steve when all that's left are the Avengers. They both wave her off falling down onto the couch. Leia grabs a glass of water and walks back over to the lounge area where everyone sits coming down from the party's high.
"That was so much fun!" Wanda sits beside Loki and Quill.
"And nothing bad happened. I see this as an absolute win!" Tony smirks rather chuffed.
Bucky reaches up and grasps Leia's waist, pulling her down onto his lap. She crosses her legs and leans into him.
"That's rather out of the ordinary." Leia laughs.
"You know what's also rather ordinary!" Thor announces. "Seeing Loki wearing something other than green!"
"Brother, I wore yellow on Sakaar that must count for something." Loki jests.
"God don't remind me." Bruce pipes up.
"No let's talk about that, did you know that Thor and Hulk fought! It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen! At one point Thor was winning and the next Hulk had the upper hand! Who did win in the end?" Leia exclaims.
"I did." Thor and Bruce say at the exact same time
"Oh god never mind. I've started something now." Leia puts her head in her hand regrettably.
"No you haven't, we all know who actually won." Thor looks around the people in the room with a slight grin.
Bucky listens to them reminiscing with a slight furrowed brow. He's confused having never heard of these events from Leia before.

"Well if you're so strong Thor why did you pass out instantly from the Obedience Disks and Loki just laid there having a seizure?" Leia giggles taking a dig at her friend.
"Clearly that proves that I am the stronger brother." Loki puffs his chest cockily.
"I set his to a lower setting." Thor excuses poorly.
"Mhmm I see. No but you guys should've seen the state of Thor in Asgard! He lost an eye and still managed to rip through the Butchers, summoning the biggest lightning blast I've ever seen!" Leia balances with a compliment.
"Oh but you should've seen Leia in Asgard! Our half sister Hela tried to take over Asgard, so we had to unleash Surter-"
"Hold on, what's a Surter?" Steve asks.
"This massive fire monster, it was insane!" Leia fills in.
"Anyway, Hela had an army of undead soldiers and we had to fight them off in order to get the Asgardians to safety. You should've seen Leia, it's not overstepping to say that I've never seen someone with powers quite like hers. She fended off at least one hundred Butchers in less than a minute." Thor booms proudly making Leia laugh.
"How come you've never told this story?" Bucky says through slightly gritted teeth. The fact that this is the first he's hearing of this clearly significant adventure is boggling his brain. Leia just shrugs lightly, wrapping her arm around Bucky's shoulders squeezing gently.
"Wait so when did this happen? And how were you there Leia ?" Sam asks the question at the forefront of Bucky's mind.
"Care to answer that Strange?" Leia asks with a smile.
"I was keeping a watch on Leia , given her history. Every time she visited the city of Wakanda I was able to keep a watch, but often she'd disappear which lead me to be slightly suspicious. So the next time I could see her, I opened up a portal and she fell through." Strange explains and Leia gestures in agreement.
"Wait but that doesn't explain why Leia was with these two?"
"At the same moment, Thor and Loki were looking for their father. Now you recall those 14 million alternate endings Tony?" Strange asks.
"Don't remind me."
"To lead to that Leia needed to be off world. I saw the opportunity and took it. She was to play a pretty heavy roll after the events of Ragnarok. Simple as that." Strange nods curtly.
"And that I did! I saved this idiots life!" She gestures to Loki.
"I beg your pardon?" He looks at her questioningly.
"Need I remind you who was going to attack Thanos empty handed? After he just slaughtered half of Asgard?" Leia knows she's right and so does Loki frankly.
"Mmm alright then."
"So you were in space? That's why we couldn't find you!" Bucky's jaw hangs open slightly, finally putting the pieces together.
"Well Rocket tried to help me send you a signal, but it didn't work or something like that, I don't exactly remember." Leia smiles at her boyfriend lovingly.
"Sounds like quite an adventure." Pepper raises her eyebrows.