82. Word Travels Quickly

Song to listen to while reading the second half of this chapter;
Cornfield Chase by Hans Zimmer

-

Leia licks the last of the ice cream off the wooden stick chucking it onto the wrapper on the table. She leans back into the couch sitting beside Tony to continue their conversation.
"So did you ever find out why Diego targeted us?" She asks.
"You know I'd rather not talk about it." His face drops and changes to a pale shade. The drink in his hand trembles as he goes to take a sip.
"Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have bought it up."
"No, can you feel that?"
"Feel what?"
"It feels like something shifted." He explains.
"Like what?" Leia asks but Tony doesn't answer. Instead he looks around the room and makes eye contact with Bruce. They share a knowing yet quizzical stare, both unsure of what they just felt.

"Would you like this?" Loki offers his winning ice cream to Wanda.
"You don't want it?" She gives him a questioning look.
"No, go ahead, you have it." Loki smiles sweetly handing it to her and Wanda smiles and thanks him profusely.
Their conversation continues until there's nothing left but the wooden popsicle stick.
"Do you recon you could throw this in the trash for me, I really need to use the bathroom." Wanda requests.
"Of course." Loki smiles and takes it from her grasp.
He walks over to the kitchen and disposes of the stick. Aura sits on the island stools by herself.
"What are you doing sitting by yourself?" He asks, sitting down to join her.
"Oh Bucky was here but he left just a second ago." Aura discloses.
"Sure." Loki says jokingly.
"Hey! I promise." She laughs lightly and he does too.
"So... Goddess of Celibacy." Loki raises his eyebrows.
"Yeah.. it didn't seem like a good fit." Aura mutters.
"Why's that?" The tone of Loki's voice is cheeky. 
"What can I say, I like to have fun." She smirks.
A beeping from Aura's Olympian wristband device interrupts their conversation. She hasn't heard that kind of beep in almost a year. Aura shifts her body away from Loki to mask the screen as she inspects the notification.
She turns back to Loki looking back up from the wrist device. "Something's not right."
Loki grabs her hand subconsciously, seeing her concerned facial expression. "What is it?"
"Its like reality's shifted.." Aura says, nervousness clear in her voice. "Have a look."
Loki pulls her hand towards him so he can see the small screen upon her wrist. Its hard for him to comprehend. There's grids and numbers and almost like a message board on the left side and on the right lists her vitals. Loki's eyes are drawn to the small pulsating circle at the top right of the small screen.
"Tell me thats a good thing?" Loki questions.
"I don't know." Aura is slightly breathless.
A smaller high pitched beeping sounds from the device and Loki jumps slightly still holding her hand. Aura subconsciously jumps too and another beep of the same nature emits.
"Oh its just my heart rate." She sees the small box pop up on the screen.
"Are you okay?" Loki notices the abnormally high number.
"Yeah I'm fine." Aura laughs a little.
Aura quickly turns her attention away from the wristband. "Tony, come check this out!"
Upon hearing his name the billionaire gets up and walks over to the pair sitting by the island. "What's up?"
"I've just got this weird feeling-"
"You felt it too!" Tony exclaims.
"What? Huh, I just got this notification." At that moment she realises that Loki's hand still holds hers. The pair share a quick look and pull their hands back. "Yeah, um, here.." The goddess shows Tony her wristband.
"Well that's strange." Tony's mind is an utter whir right now.
"What exactly did you feel?" Aura tries to get some answers out of the baffled man.
"I'm not sure, just a shift. Bruce did too."
"Strange." Aura fades off. "Well it couldn't be the same thing.. right?"
"Yeah of course not.. just a coincidence." The lack of belief in Tony's voice is evident.
"Well, I have to report this back to Zeus, and then its my responsibility to follow the signal, my duty if you will. I'll get the Guardians to take me home and Thor and Loki can come too, seeing as you accompanied me here." Aura explains, standing up into action and Loki follows suit.
"Here's a thought.. what if I came too?" Tony pipes up quickly.
"Why?" They both say. Simply put.
"Call it an instinct, aand I'm the curious type, I gotta know." Tony smiles.
"Alright, I suppose so." Aura shrugs not thinking at all about what could possibly ensue.
"Let's talk to the Guardians then and prepare for the journey." Aura breezes past the men and across the room to where Thor mingles with the Guardians.
"I would like you to take me home please Quill. Thor you are welcome to accompany us, Tony is coming too, we have a new mission." Aura says.
"A new mission, now I like the sound of that!" Rocket says and Mantis and Drax both nod in agreement. Though there's hesitancy in Quill's face upon hearing the amount of passengers they intend him to transport but Aura just looks at him, having a silent conversation between their eyes. Moments later she smiles knowing she'd bested him and he offers a giving in gesture.
"Brilliant." Aura grins. "We leave in the morning."
"Excellent." Loki adds and Aura walks away to collect her things.
"I'm gonna take Peter home." Tony too walks away to find the spiderling.