42. Chlorine

The cool night breeze envelopes them as soon as they walk outside. Leia's relieved as it cools her fiery cheeks. The street lights flicker as they make their way home, if you could call it that.

"You should definitely get in the cart." Loki's voice breaks the silence.
"Pardon?" Leia questions.
"Get in the cart Leia." He chuckles stopping to a standstill.
"Alright but if I fall, it's on you." Leia parts the stolen goods in the cart and climbs in, holding onto the sides.
"Don't worry darling." His voice is full of mischief and instead of being scared, Leia's intrigued. In truth she loved how mischievous Loki is, seemingly like he's always got a trick up his sleeve.

Sudden movement pushes her back as Loki runs down the street. She holds onto the sides for dear life as the wind whips around them. The god moves at a steady pace and she slowly starts to relax.
A laugh escapes her lips as they fly down the street. "Woohoo!!" She cheers, letting go of the cart, holding her arms up in the air. Loki laughs with her as he pushes the carriage further.

Pure joy and happiness courses through their veins as the brisk air rushes past from their pace. The scarf around Leia's neck whips back in the wind as well as their hair. The smile on Leia's face is contagious as they approach the resort entrance. Loki skids the cart around the corner keeping a great deal of the pace. He follows the light twists and turns of the path until they're under the back patio, near the pool and restaurant seating.

Loki slows down the cart to a stop.
"Yes!" Leia squeals as Loki flicks the cart around so she's facing him.
"That was incredible!" She can't keep the smile of her face. Loki's face breaks into a cheeky grin and a small laugh.

Both of them catch their breath for a moment, breathing heavy. Leia blinks a few times and looks up into Loki's eyes. His orbs resemble emerald wildfires and it's enticing to her.
Loki moves forward leaning on the sides of the cart. His eyes bore right into her crystal blue ones. His tongue glides across his lips gently and Leia's heart pounds. Her eyes are slightly wider than usual as she watches his movements closely. He's mere inches from her face and she can smell his delicate scent. There's no way to describe it as one thing. He smells like cool early mornings, right after it rained the night prior. And he smells of cinnamon, deliciously sweet with a hint of spice.

"You are extraordinary." She watches his lips move around the words. "I wouldn't have thought you had that in you." Loki's heart beats against his rib cage as does Leia's.
Her tongue glides across her lips quickly. "I'm full of surprises your highness." She taunts him with the nickname. Loki's mind is a whir. She's driving him absolutely insane and he's loving every moment of it.

"How's about we test out those swimsuits?" Leia's breathy voice interrupts his thoughts. Loki swallows hard and nods his head gently. He helps her out of the cart and pushes it off to the side.

Leia uses the hair-tie on her wrist to pull her hair up into a bun. Loki steps towards the pool and lifts his shirt from his body. Leia watches the muscles in his back tense as he lifts his arms. He folds the shirt quickly and dumps it aside with his shoes. Leia can't help but follow his every move, her eyes simply not able to defocus. Loki swiftly dives into the illuminated water submerging himself completely.

He surfaces and turns around to look at her, still standing by the pool edge. Not a word is spoken between them but its as if they're having a world of conversations. Slowly Leia discards her shorts and tshirt, stalking over to the edge of the pool. She sits down on the cool tile and watches Loki float, dangling her legs in the water. Leia's hands hold the sides of the pool letting the small current waves crash over her digits.

Loki's eyes rake up and down her body. My she's glorious. He can't avert his eyes as he swims over to her. She looks down while he looks up at her. If not for a sudden movement his chest would graze against her shins softly.
He thinks about running his hands over her legs but decides against it, rather instead taking both her hands in his gently. Loki swims back slightly, out stretching her arms, pulling her into the water slowly.

Leia watches his movements, her mind a complete blur. Her fingers dance over the surface of the water as the neon lights make the pool appear different shades of the rainbow.

Loki floats in front of her but not too close. He watches as the water forms to her body, meandering around every curve. Leia sees small beads of water running down his cheeks. Deciding to add to that she splashes him in the face letting out a loud laugh. Though it's cut short when another one is sent her way.

Their laughs fill the air as they splash around.
"Okay, okay, truce." Leia proposes holding her hands up in front of her face in protection.
"Alright." Loki chuckles.
Leia lets her hand guard down slowly. Loki looks at her once again with a devilish grin on his lips. Leia cracks a smile splashing him again in a moment of weakness before turning to swim away. She uses her arms to propel herself through the water but she feels a pair of slender fingers wrap around her ankle, ceasing her movement all too quickly.

Loki tugs her back and she lets out a light squeal. Leia turns around and crashes right into Loki's bare chest with a gasp. Neither of them move, afraid to disrupt anything. Leia looks up from his chest to Loki's eyes. A lump forms in her throat as his eyes pierce into hers. They're so close they can practically hear each others heartbeats.
Gently, Loki's hands travel through the water and settle on her hips. His large hands practically engulf her waist and the breath catches in her throat.
Loki's hair drips slowly as it cascades around his face. Leia's eyes dart around his searching for something she's not quite sure of. A hand moves from her waist up to her jaw. Despite the cool air her cheeks are heated, flushed even. The pad of Loki's thumb grazes along her cheekbone as he looks between her eyes and lips.
Leia watches as his tongue darts across his lips and her stomach erupts. Loki's hand stays firm on her cheek as he pulls her in, meeting his lips with hers, finally.

The sensation between them is that of electricity. Loki's lips move against hers gently, in a timely rhythm. The feeling is utter ecstasy. Leia's hand moves up to the back of his neck and Loki's hand that rests on her waist pulls her as close to him as fathomable.

After some moments Leia pulls back, parting their lips. She breathes out slowly and captures her bottom lip between her teeth. That... was something else.
"I'm sorry.." Loki whispers which makes Leia shake her head.
"No, it's alright." Her words are breathy as she's increasingly flustered.
Loki smiles at her, a cheeky grin, one that she's growing a liking to. His hand still rests on her jaw and he runs his thumb along her damp skin. Loki's green eyes wander her features, searching her for sincerity, and that's exactly what he finds.

She sends the god a small smile to ease his conscience and he gladly accepts it. He pulls her in again, desperately missing the sensation. Loki moves them through the water until Leia's back presses against the side of the pool. The sudden contact makes her gasp against Loki's lips and he smirks widely. He holds either side of her jaw pushing his tall frame up against hers, trapping her between him and the poolside.

Leia's heart pounds in her chest while she holds Loki's trim waist. Adrenaline powers her movements as he towers over her. Loki's the one to pull away this time, his eyes look at her swollen lips and a smile raises on his proud ones.

Leia's eyes flutter open and she looks up at the man. A smile grows on her face and Loki lets out a small chuckle.

Despite her flushed cheeks and the warmth flowing through her body, Leia begins to shiver from the water and cool breeze.
Loki notices almost instantly. "Oh darling you're freezing. Let's go inside."
He grabs her hand gently and pulls her out the water. Leia lets him wrap a fluffy towel around her shoulders and guide them upstairs into the suite.
Her body is a shaking mess by the time they get inside. She wraps the towel tight around her hoping it'll provide even the slightest bit of warmth as Loki runs off.

He returns a few minutes later. "I've drawn you a warm bath, come on." He hurries her into the bathroom where water flows quickly into the tub. Leia's shivering uncontrollably which is strange but Loki quickly grabs the towel from her and holds her hand. She climbs in, the warm water attacking her frozen limbs. Loki sits beside the tub and watches her slowly warm up.

"I'll leave you." Loki's voice sounds, going to let go of her hand. Leia holds his hand preventing him from moving too far.
"Thank you." She whispers as Loki sits by the tub still. His eyes dart around her face before she places a light kiss against his lips. He smiles standing up and leaving her to warm.

-