102. Flashback

*Flashback*

Aura walks down the cobble path when she sees the colosseum come into view. She can already hear the horns and screams emitting from inside its walls. The colosseum itself is situated on the outskirts of Olympus so no one ever bothered coming down there to look for her, hence her frequent visits. She walks through the grand structured archway through to the balcony that overlooks the Olympian Guard training course. Deimos stands there dressed in his full Olympian armour, he leans on the ledge overlooking one of his specialty regiments. Despite being in charge of the Olympian Guard, Deimos was particularly proud of his special unit as was Ares. His father had transferred command to him not one hundred years prior and Zeus was chuffed with the progress he's made.
Aura leans on the ledge next to her half brother silently watching the athletically inclined group. She is quietly impressed with the skills of the men below her and the respect for their discipline, though she knows it's mostly due to Deimos' strict nature.
"See anything you like?" Her brother breaks the silence.
"I'd hope so, they're protecting the kingdom." Aura knows what the intent of his question is but she dodges it well. Deimos just rolls his eyes turning to look at her properly.
"Aren't you supposed to be in a wedding dress fitting, not interrupting my training."
"I'm not interrupting, you're just standing here." She too turns to him.
"Can't take my eyes away for too long, they might kill each other." Deimos bites turning back to the scene below.
"Please." Aura rolls her eyes doing the same. She searches the group for Axyl and finally sees him sparing with another Guard member.
"Axyl!" Deimos' voice booms. "Lay off him, it's his first day in Terror. Don't make me put you down to Panic."
The three top divisions of the Guard, Terror, Chaos and Panic. They had renamed them when Aura was young but she had always wanted to be apart of the Terror Division. Nobody wanted a bar of the Panic Division, it is where intelligence is ranked higher than strength, and Zeus knows most of the men in Terror and Chaos wouldn't last a day there, dying purely from boredom.
Axyl looks up to the balcony spying the siblings. "Sorry." He gives Aura a dimply smile while his opponent stumbles back up from the dusty ground.
"Back to work." Deimos yells and Axyl quickly knocks the man off his feet once again. Deimos rolls his eyes, almost defeatedly shaking his head. "You need to sort him out!"
"Don't act like that's my job, he's part of your Guard. Therefore your problem." Aura's never been afraid to show her halfwit of a brother some sass.
"You know what is your job? Finding a husband. How's that going?" He bites back. She's silenced not having an answer to his question for once. "That's what I thought."
"What's wrong with the Rage Machine?" Deimos gestures down to her friend.
"Don't call him that Deimos."
"It's his nickname! They all have one!" He feels the need to defend himself.
"That's stupid." She laughs mockingly and it has the desired effect on Deimos, seeing his cheeks glow red. "What's his nickname? Mr Muscle?" She points to the most jacked guy in the arena.
"Ha ha, you're so funny." His voice comes out monotone. "He has been looking up here every five minutes all morning, and I know for a fact he's not looking for my approval."
"Who, Mr Muscle?" Aura jests.
"No you moron, Axylus." He sighs.
"No ew, we're just friends." Aura's tone is almost offended he'd ask such a question.
"So?"
"I don't see him that way."
"How do you know if you haven't tried?" Deimos asks her suggestively.
"I'm not like you Deimos, I don't go around sleeping with all my friends." He clutches his chest feigning offence.
"Of course you don't. No one likes you." Her brothers words ignite an anger inside her but she doesn't give him the satisfaction of a reaction. Deimos huffs through her silence, remembering their fathers instructions, 'If she visits, you must try to set her up with one of the men, we're running out of time and options'.
"Despite what I think of you, you should come down and meet my men, and see if any of them take your fancy." Deimos shudders through the proposition, and by the notion of spending more time with her, it angers him.
"I don't want to meet 'your men'." Aura tries to deny him but he's persistent.
"Shut up." He says grabbing her arm and dragging her down the steps in spite of her protests.