81. Family Quiz Night

"So, what'd you find?" Steve asks as the pair walks into the common room where most of their teammates await their return.
"It was Deimos." Tony dumps the glove on the table in front of Aura.
"That little shit." Aura mutters under her breath.
"Who's Deimos?" A unanimous question is asked around the room.
"He's like Loki, but ten times worse." Thor tries to describe.
"He's my brother, and he's not at all like Loki." Aura discloses. "I forgot this thing even existed."
"Well it does, so how do we destroy it?" Tony asks.
"Destroy it? No I think it's about time I sell this one." Aura grasps the smooth glove.
"Sell it? Won't your brother be able to buy it?" Rocket asks.
"No, he's banned from all the weapon smiths, that's probably why he gave this to Diego and not something far worse."
"So we got lucky then?" Leia says sarcastically.
"Yes." Aura smiles.

"Well I suppose this is a good excuse for celebration!" Tony pipes up, on a lighter note.
"Games Nighttt!!!" Quill yells excitedly. "Do you guys know what game shows are?"
"Quill! Of course we do you dumbass." Sam says.
"Seeing as Quill loves his game shows Friday can make the questions and Quill will be quizmaster." Tony suggests.
"Yes!" Quill punches the air. "Let me go get changed!"
Before anyone can protest he's running out the room leaving everyone in his wake.
"You heard the master!" Tony laughs standing up. "We'll play in the lounge room. Meet in there in five."

Everyone stands up to leave the room, most excited about the games night to ensue.
"Hey Aura.." Leia catches the goddess's wrist as she goes to leave the room.
"Yeah?"
"I wanted to apologise, on behalf of everyone... but mostly me. I was a real dick to you." Leia apologises.
"You were, but I understand you were just worried about Bucky." Aura says not accepting the apology too quick and Leia just nods slowly. "But I also didn't need to be so stubborn and cocky."
"I promise I'm not as bad as I came off to be." She laughs and Aura smiles.
"Me too... most of the time. I don't know, I think coming into this big family just caught me off guard. I guess I'm not used to it, I think I was just intimidated."
"That's okay, I'm sure you'll fit right in soon... that is if you plan on sticking around?" Leia gives her a questioning and hopeful look.
"I'd like to get to know everyone a bit better. Leave on a better note. Perhaps with some Midgardian friends."
"I'd like that... Now just forget your first impressions of everyone, now you'll get to meet the real Avengers!" Leia and Aura's faces hold similar grins as they walk through the compound to the lounge room.

Wanda is slightly taken aback to see the pair walk in together. She's not quite sure of Leia's change in heart and can't help but feel a bit betrayed. But her thoughts are interrupted by Quill rolling a whiteboard into the room wearing the most ridiculous outfit. He's clad in a matching two piece suit, of red and yellow plaid. Everyone goes silent waiting for his next move.
"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the first instalment of the Avengers Game Night! I'm glad to see you all here! Now I have your teams!"
"We don't get to pick our own teams?" Rocket asks his friend.
"Nope, Friday has randomly selected teams and a series of questions for each. Now on my right side we have; Steve, Peter, Leia, Mantis, Loki, Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket. And to my left; Tony, Nebula, Thor, Aura, Bucky, Wanda, Sam and Drax. And I'd like to welcome my trusty scribe Groot!! Please move to your respective sides." Quill is taking quizmaster role to a whole new level.
Everyone moves around the room following strict instructions. Leia takes her spot on the adjacent couch next to Loki. Bucky sits down next to Wanda and Sam next to him, everyone else moving around them.

"Here we have the question board!" Quill whips off the cloth that covers the board, revealing several coloured sticky notes under categories. "There are four different categories; Fears and Pet Peeves, Ancient History, It's All Relative, and Things You Might Not Know! Each team will take it in turns to pick a category. One point will be awarded for every correct answer. First team to eight points wins."
Everyone nods in agreement and understanding following along with the rules.