Chapter 34- Last day of festival

*(Photo of Ana- I know I'm not good with editing lol)*

***

The night of the dance isn't over and the clock has yet strike at 12.

There is two shadowy figure standing on top the bell tower. Watching the event below them. People walking around the market place. The crowd is too big that you can even get lost.

At the center is a plaza where the event is being held. The statue of Fleuren decorated by flowers and beautiful lights. It is so bright below them and where the two figure is standing is too dark.Hard for the people below to notice them.

Looking at the crowd, careful not to be seen by anyone.

The other guy was holding a flower in his hand touching it gently and has even smell the fragrant from it.

"You still have that?" The other person asks

The other one nodded in reply and smiled slightly. "This was on her hair earlier."

The other person frowned by his partners actions. They came here for other reasons but it won't hurt to just be distracted for a moment.

"Have you found him?" The person holding a flower asks.

"I did, and so were his bodyguards." Replied by his partner.

He sat and picked up the small piece of pebble he found. He tossed it over and catch it, playing with it for a while.

"So which one is he?" He asked again without looking back at his partner

"The one happily dancing right in the middle, I can say that he was no better than you....." his partner was still talking but he ignored him and looked for the person below.

He looked down and easily found the guy. The one he was looking for was happily dancing with a girl. He easily found him because the guards who are secretly guarding him gave it away or he was just too sharp to notice them.

Some where among the crowds and some is dancing but one thing is similar, they all keep glancing at him not taking their eyes off the guy.

He throws the pebble a little higher and caught it again. "...as I was saying, your father is too dumb to have replaced you with him, you are certainly too handsome and more talented. I— "

After catching the pebble in his hands, he threw it immediately at the direction of the person dancing. It hit the light above the person's spot making it get startled by the sudden blast and the guards was also moved on reflex and acted searching for the cause and some protected him.

The two figure immediately disappeared leaving the flower that was blown by the wind. The guards was alerted but cannot find the reason why it happened and just shrugged it as a coincidence but they still need to keep the person they are guarding safe and being in the crowd would make it hard to search for the culprit if it weren't just any accident.

***

(The next day-last day of festival.)

"Hurry up! The play is starting." The girl said

Running towards the place where the play is presented. The group was all panting from the running they did  all in order to get on time.

They helped a little boy that lost from his parents in the crowd and it took them longer to find his parents because of the large crowd.

"Welcome! Citizens of Fleuren Kingdom, it has always been a pleasure for us performers to have present you the Legend of how this wonderful Kingdom was founded. Every year we look forward to coming back to this stage and to bring forth the Honor and Glory of our Great rulers. And for this time again, we present you the third and last part of the Story."

Everyone clap and the lights on the stage were shut off. After a few seconds when the people turned silent a spotlight was seen revealing a person at the center of the stage.

***
(After the death of the witch, the prince came back and return with the news of how they have saved the Kingdom from the schemes of their enemies.

The King then died peacefully and the Prince inherited the throne. It was peaceful for a while but it was only the calm before the storm.

All this time the Prince said that he has killed the witch and the people indeed believed him. There were no traces of the witch's body found.

On the day his wife has given birth, there was a huge storm that scared the Kingdom. It has never happened before in history, it brought flooding rain, mudslides and damaging thunderstorms. It has brought a terrible damage to the whole Kingdom. Many people lost their lives.

Others believe that it was the witch's doing. But they know that the King has killed her. After the huge storm, the kingdom has continued to suffer. Plague and drought has soon enveloped the Kingdom. Their food inventories has been decreasing. The lands can't sustain the lives of many. The Northern part that has always been abundant can't be planted anymore. The land was starting to get harder to cultivate.

A year has passed and the day that terrified everyone. The Witch was said to have returned.

There was a huge hailstorm happened at the Northern region of the Kingdom. Only a few weeks later the land was frozen and was covered with thick snow. It has always became like that since then.

The King who was suffering from his terrible incompetency and shame, step down from his throne and exiled himself. The Saint then guided with the knowledge of future has told him so and said that the salvation of the Kingdom relies on one person.

That person is gifted with power to cultivate the lands, to bring back life of the soil.

And so, the right hand man of the King then took over the throne. He saved the whole Kingdom. The first King in the lineage of Bloom family. Cain Donovan Bloom. His achievements will never be forgotten for his gift of nature that revives a dead soil, the gift that fed many and save lives.

We forever be grateful for the gift our rulers inherited.)

***

That was the end of the play.

After that many people clap and was once again engraved in their minds that their life was forever be indebted to their ruler who saved their Kingdom.

After the end of the play fireworks were launch as a sign to the end of the festival.

The people look up and witness the colorful lights shot up at the sky.

Wishing for another year of good harvest and peace within the Kingdom.

***

TO BE CONTINUED...