-Chapter 49-

The people let out a gasps as soon as they realize that the girl standing beside the Prince is actually Raquel.

Earlier she has been the talk of how her dress is borrowed and how she is the only commoner who actually attended this banquet for real. Runaway crying after bumping into me.

I was only watching at the corner of the room. Standing here should be safe for me and avoiding the eyes of many. I remember this scene in my past. I was one of them who can't believe how dare a mere commoner like her stand side by side with his highness. That was still right to think about it but I don't care anymore. Unlike before where my feelings also added to how annoyed I am by the fact that she was being rude and yet no one spoke their mind, now it's just nothing.

Now I will ignore everything. Because no matter how rude she can be, people would still love her and be by her side.

I turn around and walk outside the balcony again for fresh air.

Soon the speech will be given after the Head of the school arrives.

I stood by the balcony and rest my hands at the railing. Just looking at the night sky. Wind blew carrying a wonderful scent of the flowers full bloom in the garden.

I look below right at the garden side. That must be where she was crying earlier. As stated by the books she cried at the fountain.

And at the center of the garden is a fountain.

For a second, I thought I saw something. Over the place where I was looking a shadowy figure caught my eye.

It was dark at that place and the moonlight wasn't able to show me if it was something. I just shrugged, removing these thoughts inside my head.

Nothing else much happen during this night as stated at the book.

I turn around and went back in.

****

Third Person's POV

Raquel who's hand is holding the Prince arm, can't stop but shake due to her nervousness.

The Prince hold her hand and assures her that no one will make fun of her.

The two are close friends. They often hangout, even if she is a commoner the Prince always talks to her. They became closer to each other because Raquel found out about his disguises that he do when inspecting the public. He wanted to do better in his duties as a Prince and wanted to help his citizens with whatever is happening in their Kingdom.

Being with Raquel has helped him a lot in understanding a commoner's situation.

Being together also brought their feelings closer.

Seeing the crying Raquel in the fountain outside has made him do something special for her.

Now standing at the entrance escorting Raquel in his arms has caught everyone's attention. He wanted her to have more confidence in herself because commoner or noble deserve to attend this banquet.

While looking around, Raquel caught a glimpse of a certain person in the room.

She made a mistake earlier by bumping into Lady Milliana when she was gonna run away.

She has once again troubled her. Still holding the arms of the Prince, they move away from the crowd. When they got to a place where no one can bother them Raquel pondered on how to make it up with Lady Winteira.

She remembered that whenever she looks at her, Lady Winteira would always look away. Even if she approach her she feels like she runs away. She would not even accept things that she would offer.

Is Lady Winteira really mad at her?

Seeing her worried face the Prince asks her why.

She told about what happened earlier and how the lady seems to be mad at her.

The Prince quietly listened and thought about what she had said. From his observations, Milliana didn't really do something bad to Raquel but maybe she misunderstood.

He knows from looking at Milliana's eyes he can see a warm person inside. A person who would not do something so lowly. She can be arrogant to what the people see her but to him she is just minding her own business.

Their talk was cut when headmaster has finally arrived. He stands in the front to give his speeach and welcome all the students that has attended. He praise the exceptional talents and would be looking forward for more capabilities they can show throughout the three years in this academy. After that he let's the student enjoy the banquet.

The dance is starting and so the Prince who look at the person beside him and asks her for a dance.

Like straight out of a painting, the people admires the two dancing in the middle.

People talk about how Raquel can dance and not make any mistake even though she is a commoner.

The dance is actually pretty similar to the dance that is always held during the festivals. And since she also dance with him during that time, she knows how to follow and match the Prince movements.

.

.

.

.

Right outside the event hall. A shadowy figure was being careful not to get caught by anyone.

"I can't believe you almost got caught earlier. Tsk" a guy in the cloak sitting on a tree said to another person below him who was leaning at the tree.

"Yeah, he was dumb to trip on his own." Another person on top of another tree said

The three were secretly spying on the event that was being held.

Earlier a girl came running towards the garden they were at. She was running in tears and the three quickly hid themselves.

One of them trip and happen to fell down a huge bush. Thankfully it was dark so the girl did not notice him immediately.

"Quit complaining, you brought me here just for fun anyway and I did not get caught." The person leaning on the tree said.

"We didn't even get to scare the guy." The person standing on another tree said.

The person who was sitting on a branch jumped down and started to leave.

"We already leaving?" The other person jumped down also and sigh.

The two followed him and left the scene.

****

TO BE CONTINUED....