-Chapter 51-

Liliana's POV

I went straight into my bedroom right after I arrived back from Mil's place.

I quickly took my journal and read it. Grabbing my pen and has written another thing adding to my observation from last night.

When Mil left to dance I saw something that caught my eyes.

I thought at first that it was her mana and she must be using magic but looking at her she's not.

Focusing on the light it is actually a little different and it came to my mind that it is possibly a person's soul.

I read it in a book of our family that we can also see if a person is in a grave state. Their life is in danger that is why there is a light that resembles their mana moving strangely. The light that you will see is almost the identical as the person's mana but much brighter.

But the question is, if Mil is showing these unstable movement then that means something is threatening her life.

But I don't see anyone attacking her. She is not sick, and I believe that she is not poisoned. It won't be just a sudden pain then recovered quickly like what Millie is experiencing. If it is poison it would be a slow effect and the light would be present up till now.

How strange.

Is there a magic in this Kingdom that is unable for me to see?

And why her?

****

Third Person's POV

"What is this place..." Liliana said when she woke up in a place unfamiliar to her.

Looking up at the sky, it's so dark it's not even clouds that making it so dark. It was a smoke and following where it came from, it leads to a place engulfed in huge fire.

Liliana gasps, frightened by what she is seeing. This place is not unknown to her but a very familiar place.

It was the capital that was enshrouded with dark smoke. Ashes falling from the sky. The burning image of the capital made her fall into her knees.

It was the same sight she saw when she touched someone in the past.

A huge figure flew in the sky and has once again streak the land with fire.

Cries of people is heard. Their City is crumbling into pieces. It was unrecognizable.

The once beautiful and lively Capital is now slowly crumbling and turning into ashes.

Liliana took a lot of strength to try and get up and look for people. Traces of when this will happen. She need to know when this future will exactly happen.

Looking around she saw some survivors that got escape from the burning capital.

They were kids, elderly and women. They were led by the people she know. The members of Celeste.

She saw Bea their receptionist healing the wounded. She led a group who took care of the survivors and the wounded.

She look different, her hair is longer. Liliana knows that it is a future but still don't know when exactly this time is happening.

She saw them crying while desperately trying to save everyone.

The desperate cries of the people asking for help echoes the place.

Not far from where they are is the entrance to the capital. A huge gate that is open widely, people struggle to escape the capital. With so many building that fell down.

Lily tried to get more clues and look around to see anyone she knows.

By the gates of the Capital Lily found her brother. He was carried by some of his allies.

Lily can't help but watch her brother slowly dying in the arms of his allies. She went to him, he was laid down on the ground.

"Sis-...*cough... please... if you see this future...*cough... d-don't let her die...*cough... she—... s-she's the only one who *cough... can stop him. Save... Mil-..*cough... Lady Milliana..." she heard her brother whisper.

Looking at her brother who is gravely injured. He is bleeding so much and has burns due to the fire.

She notice what her brother is wearing. He is wearing the uniform of the Academy. It means that he already got in the school of magic.

That means this will all take place in just 3-4 yrs.

Liliana covered her ears hearing a terrifying and ear-splitting roar from above. It send chills throughout her body weakening her knees. She fell down right from where she is standing unable to move.

She look above and met the eye of the creature flying just right above them. She lost all strength in her as her tears fall, no voice can come out from her, she just stared at it. With it's huge wings sending everything around them to fall down and crush. It opened it's mouth, no time to even move. It streak again, tears continue to flow, blinded by the bright light that it releases setting everything ablaze, just before she was hit, Lily woke up from the nightmare.

Liliana woke up gasping for air and screaming hysterically. She is covered in cold sweat, she move her knees closer into her chest. Like a child, she curled up.

The terrifying look of the creature is stuck in her mind.

Her family came rushing inside her bedroom. Right after they saw her, they understood. She witness a traumatizing thing.

Her brother went to her and comforted her. Their father patted her hand. He understood how much burden this gift they have. He already lost all his abilities to foresight and his daughters gift became much stronger.

He had nothing to do to help but stay with her and give her as much as she needed and guide her. Just let her know that he is always there whenever she needed.

Long ago, their family decided to hide this curse of seeing the future. Their reputation suffered so much for telling about their sight. They were called lunatics by the noble families. No one believe them and so they hid it waiting in the shadows, waiting for the right moment.

****

TO BE CONTINUED....