Chapter 36- Memory from Before

At the townhouse of Winteira...

It was a quiet night. Immensely cold and dim. Milliana was wide awake lying in her bed. She was staring at the ceiling.

Thinking,

She looked outside the window where she witness the sky cleared up and revealed the bright stars hiding in the clouds.

The moon shines upon her window. She decided to go outside her balcony and have a feel of the breeze outside.

Moving to the side of her bed, she puts on her slippers and got her blanket over her shoulders. She move towards the balcony door and opened it.

Cold breeze quickly came into her room. She step outside and took a deep breath.

She sat on a chair and just looked up at the night sky. It was decorated with the beauty of the moon and the bright stars that scattered.

Hugging her legs closer she thought of what has happened from this day.

Something keeps bothering her that the scene is familiar. There is also this urging feeling that she should have followed the Prince which she did not do earlier.

She closes her eyes trying to remember what happened exactly.

She quickly opened her eyes in shock of what she has remembered.

***

'I knew it' bumping into him indeed happened before.

My memories of my past was completely wiped out and only fragments of the things I knew from the book is there but once it already happened that's when I know that something has changed.

I began to lie down the chair I was sitting in and stared at the sky above.

I sighed.

Glad I did not follow him to the classroom where he was headed.

Because it's over now, I remembered that it was the time where I was madly in love with him, that I kept thinking of him this day why he wasn't present in class. I was thinking of him up till when it was about time for me to go home and almost the end of the day where I couldn't even get a glimpse of him.

I was walking in the hallway when I bumped into him. I was flustered and hidden my face right away for him not to notice me blushing. It was only a short moment of encounter between us where he left quickly to go to our classroom.

I smiled remembering that time.

I followed him and 'I see, he was scared that she might have went home already'

I saw them alone at the classroom having a fun conversation between them. That's when I knew that they met outside during the festival and had fun together.

I laugh slightly remembering that time when I was so madly in love with him.

I touched my cheek and looked at the sky. I thought it was going to rain but what I found out is not a raindrop and there it continues to flow. It was tears flowing at the corner of my eyes.

I put my arm over covering my eyes and the tears flow remembering the pain I felt during that time in my memory.

"I was a fool" I whispered

To be silently loving a person. To be quietly standing at the corner watching him, looking at the person whom he was slowly falling into.

I was a total fool to have kept standing outside that classroom, letting myself be in pain. Torturing myself watching that scene.

After a few moment my tears stopped flowing and my heart calms down.

Pitying myself is over. I removed my arms from covering my eyes and wiped some tears off my cheeks.

My eyes are still close.

The cold breeze continue to sway the trees. The breeze is so gentle and comforting.

What changed from that time is that he was not the one in my mind this afternoon.

I opened my eyes and once again feed my eyes with the beauty of the stars.

'Ren'

Ren's smile came to my mind.

Same as the night sky I am watching today. The smile of Ren was so bright that it makes me forget the pain which I remembered from the past me.

****

Morning came...

"—iss..."

Something fell and I heard a panicked voice.

"Oh my god! Miss!"

I frowned opening my eyes and looking at the person in front of me.

When my sight clearly adjusted to the bright light my eyes widen due to shock of what I saw.

Ana is holding her two sword infused with her mana ready to jump off the balcony. I can still hear the sound of electric from her swords.

"Why are you holding your sword so early in the morning!"

"M-Miss..." slight tears forming in her eyes

She quickly put away her mana infused sword and turn back into her earring.

She collapses and wiped away the few tears that has flown from her eyes.

"Why?" I ask her

"You know why, I-..hic.. I got worried that something bad might've happened to you." She said crying in between her explanation.

I frowned at what she said. Why would she think that in the first place.

I looked around and saw what happened in my room.

"Why is my room so messy like that?"

"I don't know... and why are you sleeping outside... you might catch a cold and seeing that balcony door with your room that messy, I thought someone kidnapped milady" she cryingly said

I chuckled by watching her. Shaking my head. She might have been prepared to kill the person who took me from my bedroom if that indeed happened.

"I would have went and hunt the person who took you and killed em already" she said

I wrapped myself with my blanket and went inside my room. It was a bit chilly this morning and I hope I would not catch a cold.

The crying last night must have made me fell asleep easily after that.

"Stray cats must have came in last night." I said

"I will prepare a hot tea to get you warm. Why did you sleep outside last night."

Ah-

I'm feelin it.

Gosh Millie why did I have to fall asleep outside.

Achoo!

A fool indeed.

***
TO BE CONTINUED...