Chapter 21- Ana

Ana and I meet on my way back to her. She keeps asking what's wrong because she saw me not holding anything although I was so excited to buy the bread. I couldn't talk about it so in the end she misunderstood, she thought I could not buy the bread because it was already sold out.

So today as soon as I woke up I smelled the freshly baked croissant. She came early to buy the bread from  Raquel's bakery.

I happily ate it but not as happy as I was craving it before. I still remember the scene I saw right through the window of the bakery.

I know they are meant to be but I still have this feelings from my past. Who would not fall for a kind guy like him. He has everything I could not have in the past. Though now I am satisfied with everything I have unlike before but do I still want more?

I sigh erasing that thoughts

Milliana don't let the past happen again. You tried everything to change and now you discover a lot of new things.

"Miss are you sure you don't want to go back to the Northern territory? We can still go you know. Also your parents are worried for you"

I shakes my head and said "The festival is starting tomorrow and besides I wanted to see it."

"But—....." Ana mumbled I could not hear what she said

I finished my breakfast and went to change.

***

Ana worriedly looking at Millie, wanted to convince her to come home to her parents

There was a reason why they did not mention some things about the past

She was still young

Millie wanting to see the festival for the first time was a little excited

"But there are things that would make you upset too." Ana whispered

Millie finishes her breakfast and went straight to the bathroom.

Ana cleaning the dishes and bringing it downstairs.

She saw the butler on the way talking to the headmistress.

"Good Morning"

"Good Morning Ana, I saw you left early this morning"

"Ah yes, I wanted to make the Miss smile first thing in the morning"

"I see, so she still did not want to come home ?"

Ana shakes her head

When she found out about the history she too became sad.

When she first entered the Elite knights for the Duke she also was educated of the real history of the past. Most of them asks why they let it happen. But they were told because it was a long time ago and what they wanted to protect is the peace of the Kingdom.

Ana's family was one of the loyal nobles who stayed with the real Royal family.

It's true the Fleuren Kingdom was first ruled by the Winteira family before they were overthrown by the current royals the Bloom.

They were the right hand and most trusted of the King before they overthrown him and left the palace exiled into the North. And so he became the Duke of the North.

It was also said that they are repenting the sins they made when they are ruling the Kingdom. The Kingdom has no discrimination against differences in their magic all those they called destructive ones like mine lightning. Because of the sin they made that peace was destroyed.

So almost those who live in the North are old noble families who remained beside the real King. They all have powerful magic that was meant to protect the Kingdom. The honor that was widely recognized by the citizens was now gone. Now they discriminate us but we still do our duties and protect the Kingdom silently.

I was with the other Elite knights before when I first saw the Festival.

We were angry about why things are being left out. The play was full of bullshit and to someone who knew about the past it was mocking the real story. The play was only for those who wanted to hear the great things they did and not about the sacrifices that was made.

We came to the Capital to join the guild that time. And that was when I found out about it.

The guild was established by two noble families the Stephen and the Sybella. They too know of the sins the families did in the past and establishing it they wanted to protect and preserve the truth until the right time comes.

That is why in that guild no one discriminates and we wore a mask to hide our identities to the people. All they know is that we are members of the guild to serve.

"Hey Ana play with us" the three kids the Miss took home has change so much. They are in the kitchen as soon as I entered.

I smiled at them "Have you finished all your chores ?"

They all nodded "Mrs. Atlin said that we could play now"

"I see well enjoy" I smiled at the three who were giggling hurriedly went through the backdoor to play outside.

Watching them now they seem more comfortable. They are running around the yard outside. At first they are careful but now that they know they are permanently staying they are more comfortable.

The headmistress and the butler's kids are all grown up and they both loved the children. They said it is like they have new kids to take care of now that all their children are adults.

The married couple has worked for the Duke for a long time. They are also the ones who took care of us when all the Elite knights has come to the Capital.

This mansion was the place we stayed to for a couple of days.

"Ana dear, I think the Miss is looking for you."

"Okay Mrs. Atlin"

***

TO BE CONTINUED...

*Don't mind the song, I just put it there cause of my mood. Haha anyways thank you for reading 😘😊