Chapter 35 - Another day

A week after the festival ended we are back in school.

I am inside my classroom, sitting in my usual spot, quietly listening to the noise around me.

The window was slightly open and I can feel the breeze coming in from the outside.

This is the second floor and there is a huge tree beside the window. I am imagining myself climbing out of the window and jumping onto the tree and just be free.

This room suffocates me. I have no one but myself in this classroom.

My friends are in different classroom while one is on the other building.

"Good Morning!" Along with the loud sound made by the door that was opened, a girl came in shining brightly as ever. With all the positivities in the world ignoring those around them.

I glanced only for a second and return my look outside.

Some talked about the girl who was being rude so early in the morning.

She was a commoner and of course, how would they expect her to act like a proper young lady from a rich family.

"Good morning Raquel" greeted to her by her seat mate and friend Lady Olivia whom was a lowly baron's daughter.

Raquel was indeed popular and was the type to get attention from others even though she was a commoner. That was also because of her charm magic.

On the first day they even thought that she was a noble's daughter. After a few days of finding out they soon lost their interest and has woken up to the reality that they cannot get anything from her. Lily also mentioned that the frequent they are exposed to her charm magic the weaker the effect becomes. That explains why our classmates are no longer interested in her. Adding to their desire to only get close to a person if they will get a benefit from them.

This is school and people would wanted to get connection with others especially the nobles.

The professor soon entered the classroom and the class starts.

Our lecture for today is about the magic items or weapons that each of us can use.

They told us that a magic weapon is infuse with a mana stone. It is not a normal mana stone but an already engineered mana stone. This ones are like batteries that you put in your weapon and will be able to wield your magic affinity.

Just like Shai's bow. She can use it without the need of actual arrows. The bow is infuse with a mana stone for a pyro magician and then it can shots fire.

And just like a battery it can lose it's effect and will have to be replace by another pyro mana stone.

Same as with other elemental magicians. It can be wind, hydro, geo or like mine.

The first magic weapons the professor has discussed were only for the elemental magicians.

The other type of weapons is for those with no affinity to elements. A magic weapon that reacts to one's mana.

Like for example a magic sword that you thought was a toy because of how small it is but when you infuse it with your mana it will transform.

The class ended after that.

***

I was picking up my stuff on the desk and putting it all in my bag. I was preparing to leave when I overhear something that caught my attention.