-Chapter 60-

"Greetings everyone and welcome back to the academy. This semester is the official start of your training. We will explore your magic and push you as far as your ability can reach. ........"

It was a long explanation of the headmaster.

We are standing in front of the gate of the training grounds. This is the biggest area of the academy because inside here are different places where different type of magic can train. There is nature and all sorts of place where each magic is compatible or where we can train our magic all we want, without causing too much trouble in things.

Each group have an instructor which will guide them. Groups have 5 members each where the instructor will help each member on how to get stronger and unlick their abilities. Give them advices and teach them.

By the end of a semester there will be a competition among all the groups. And in every competion there are rankings and rewards.

After the headmaster explain,he left and let someone announce the group names. Standing in front, there are 20 instructors.

The groups are being announce now. All magic wielders are present and Lily's department, the alchemy is not here or even allowed here. It would be dangerous for them because this is only training grounds for magic wielders. There's a separate area for them.

I am grouped with Shira and Indie along with two other classmates.

In the past, the group that I was in is with His highness along with Raquel, she is the only commoner in that group and the others are jealous by how a commoner like her get to be in the same group as the Prince and a high rank nobles like me.

I remember now that during this time she is still not as strong to be called a Saint.

All of us know that she can only heal superficial wounds with her light ability. And also removing poisons.

The professors must have thought that it's a great idea to group her with his highness because of her healing ability.

In this Kingdom, healers like her are at a 3% of all the magic wielders. So far the only people I know with healing ability is Raquel, Beatrice the one from Celeste and the current priestess.

****

We are finally grouped and met our trainer. Her name is Neely Bennette. She is actually a historian professor of the school.

She showed us the places where we will be training and along with her training is her lectures.

Some trainers prefer to do lectures some place else and then go here in training grounds to practice what they learned.

But Professor Neely likes us to learn in action. She wanted us to see and feel the things first hand and at the same time learn.

I really like her because she is very wise and free.

On the very first day she brought us to a huge tree and wanted to do her lectures there.

Because she is a historian she started at the very first story where magic came in the land.

We sat under the shade of the huge tree.

She started doing her magic. Professor Neely is an illusion magician.

"All magic was passed down to us by our ancestors. But before our ancestor got them, no man was known to be a magic wielder."

Professor use the tree to resemble the Tree of life.

It is so pretty.

"The legend is real history, right professor?" Ask by Greig, he is the son of a Viscount.

Professor nodded and said "The person who brought us the Tree's blessing is the dragon from the story."

He brought the gifts to the human.

"Is there a proof that the dragon is really a human or can just transform into human?" Indie asks

Professor shook her head. "We don't know that. The statue of Fleuren is made as a symbol and no one has ever seen a real dragon before. Only scales and few bones that seem to be of a large creature. As you all know, the forest that we can enter is still the safest part. We have not yet fully discover it whole."

"A few scrolls that was found was made reference to the legend that we have now. But still, history changes the more we discover new things of the past that could tell us a more clear view of what really happened. That's why I love history."

She continued showing us the story.

In the past, the dragon brought the light. Which people who were hiding in the caves, away in the dark, far from a predators eye. Has finally have the courage to live outside and protect themselves.

They built a society with the dragon's help. And before it was leaving, he gathered the strongest people among them. The braves, intellectual, loyal and wise people among them. He each granted them with the ability to choose what they want their magic to be.

So they catch magical creatures each of every kind they want. And with the dragon's help he gave the man the ability to use the same kind the magical creature have.

Then there is the start of elemental magicians. They became nobles. And the creatures that they caught is the one presented on their family crest. They protect the civilization that they all created. Duty to secure safety of the people they are in charge of.

Then history ended. It was never mentioned that the dragon returned.

"Okay so for our first lesson, I will have you talk to the magical creature that has grant you your magic ability." Professor Neely said.

She meant that we have to focus and try to call the spirit of the magical creature.

This is the first step to open the first gate of our ability. It's to release the full control and power of our magic.

This is for the elemental magicians only.

The others who is not an elemental magicians don't need to do something like this. They said that it's because our ancestors only borrowed this magical ability from the creatures they caught in the past.

****

TO BE CONTINUED....