-Chapter 44-

Somewhere on the streets of the plaza....

People are doing their own business, merchants selling their goods, children playing, a couple flirting, and crowd going back and fort walking to the busy streets of the plaza.

The market place is nearby and the most popular resting place is the fountain right at the center of the plaza.

There are benches near and some people took a break from shopping and just sat here and look at the fountain. Just watching the water freely flows from the fountain can ease their tiredness.

Two men in cloak walks among the crowd.

The other one pause and looked at the thing that caught his attention. Almost making his friend bump into him because of his sudden stop.

He picked up a rose from the flower stand. The other one did not expect him to be interested in flowers.

"Good morning dear customers" a child brightly greets the two.

"How much?" The man who was holding the flower asks

"One rose is only 2 copper. I'm sure your lover would have loved it if you bought a bouquet." The little girl said. She wanted him to buy more from her that's why she mention it.

"I didn't know you have a lover?" The other one said making the little girl gasped for her mistake.

"We are not lovers..." the man still holding the flower said

"Don't tell me..." the man gasped for realizing what his friend is thinking.

He plans to give it to a girl he likes.

"If you wanted to express your feelings to the lady, A rose would really be a wise choice. It's popular among young ladies. I'm definitely sure it would make her heart flutter." The little girl said.

The man still thinking whether he should really buy it for her.

He never really intends to give it to her. Making the little girl wait has finally made him buy the flower in the end.

The little girl smiled and said that if he made the girl happy, he should come back again and buy a lot from her.

The flower just caught his eye. He never really intended to get close to the person he is thinking.

"Have you really lost it?" His friend said

He didn't reply and just continue on walking.

"I told you to not get distracted. Buying a flower... what are you thinking?"

Still not responding.

He never meant to give it to her anyway. Just that when he saw the rose,... he thought of the girl he danced with during the festival.

"I'm not giving it to her." He just said

"Wha-, but you bought it." His friend said questioning his actions.

"This is so unlike you" his friend added

"The little girl was expecting me to buy so I did."

"You picked it up already, that's why she thought you were buying." His friend said

"Never mind, let's just go back to the guild." His friend added ending the issue about the flower.

But what his friend thought is that this guy is so hard to read.

****

At the Azure guild....

"Hugo! There you are!" Grif yelled at the counter.

"Yo Grif, since when did you arrive?" the man who removed his cloak said.

Unlike the Celeste guild the doors of the Azure is always close. Making it hard for the people outside to enter without any reason.

This gives them the impression of only receiving serious requests.

That is why many rumors about their guild spread like it do some shady things, it is an assassin guild, and etc.

Their guild is more like a pub that is open at daytime.

"I arrived yesterday, where were you two?" He said bartending

"Give me something to drink." said by the other one who removed his cloak and put it on a seat next to him.

"This early in the morning? I didn't know you can be such a drunkard" Grif joked

Ren glared at him which made Grif laugh. He brought them some refreshments.

"Will you never wear your mask?" Hugo said to Griffin

"No can do, this face of mine should never be hidden." He said brushing his hair upward while flashing them a smile.

"B***c***" said by Hugo

Griffin laughs at them and speaks "well I have nothing to hide, unlike you two"

Ren just took a sip of his drink.

"So why were you looking for me?" Hugo asks

"Oh! Right, your father is upstairs with someone. It's a good thing that you two should stay here for a moment. Just until they finished talking."

****

"I'm leaving." Ren said as he got up and took his cloak from the seat.

"Wait, I have been meaning to ask you something." Grif said then he looked at Ren from head to toe while making a pose that is like he is looking for something suspicious.

Ren glared at him. "What do you want?"

"Chill bro, it's just... it feels like there is something going on with you?" Grif said

Making Hugo smile like he is planning to expose something. He puts down his glass and opened his mouth and whispered. "Use your nose"

Griffin who has the ability to turn into a mongrel. Smiled by the idea of what could it be that Ren is hiding.

He uses his ability to increase his sense of smell and smelled something pretty.

"Wha-" before Hugo could ask him what is it that he smelled, Ren had already hit him on the head.

"Quit minding my business." Ren said then left the guild banging the entrance door loudly startling the others inside.

Hugo laughed by Ren's actions

"He bought a Flower earlier." He said

"Why?" Grif asked

"He said, he's not planning on giving it to a girl but I know he will. Besides their guild is just around the corner and if he happens to meet her on the street he will certainly do." Hugo said then drink emptying his glass.

"Who is the girl?" Grif asked

"She's a friend of the girl you know" Hugo replied

"So she's a Celeste member? I didn't know that he would be interested with anyone. Especially a girl and to think that he would quickly give her a flower." Grif said while cleaning a glass.

"I know, he was like that since he was a kid. When something caught his eye he will really go for it. But I'm worried this time..." Hugo looked upstairs. At the place where his Father is in.

"...because we have a goal, and whoever that girl is, she should not get more involved with him."

Grif took a sigh

"Well... that would be his fault for being distracted at this time. Why not finish his goal first then do have fun later."

****
TO BE CONTINUED....