-Chapter 41-

Back at the classroom...

"Everyone please, don't misunderstood. She did not pour it on me. It was an accident really." Raquel said

Many of her classmates who saw what happened believe that it was Milliana's fault that the drink spilled on her.

They believed that she did it on purpose because she never liked Raquel.

In fact, she never liked anyone.

She just sits at the back of their classroom and leaves without speaking to anyone.

They think of her as someone who is snobbish and arrogant enough to say not sorry even though it was her fault that someone got hurt.

"Racquel are you alright?"

All of them look at the person by the entrance.

It was the Prince.

"Your highness!" With some tears left on her eyes Raquel greeted the Prince

He walks towards her and helped her get up from her seat.

"Let's go to the infirmary" he said

Raquel's friend, Lady Olivia witness how much concern the Prince has for Raquel.

She believed that something is definitely going on with them.

Many stories of their encounter and moments happened between the two.

And there is definitely a spark with them.

Word got out and even Milliana's friends heard the news of what happened inside the classroom.

They said that Milliana poured a hot drink on a student.

Indie and the others quickly look for their friend and also silencing the people who talked badly about her saying that she would never do that to someone.

The three met and search for where Milliana could be. Shai figured maybe she was in that place again. The place where she found Milliana alone with tears in her eyes.

She always passes by that place to escape so Shai remembered the place.

****

Milliana's POV

So it was him.

The handkerchief belongs to him.

I was just staring at the handkerchief thinking, what if the Prince witness my meltdown.

I hope not.

That time, I cried because I remembered my feelings of liking him.

They both look so happy like a couple that time and it made me cry so much because my feelings for him came back so suddenly.

Argh enough thinking of that Milliana. Let's just hope that he did not witness it. He was together with Raquel and he must not have left her side that time.

The handkerchief that Shai has given me must be something that he lost.

Argh Shaiiii, why did you even think of handing me a handkerchief that who knows when it got lost.

Arghhhh

"Millie!"

I look around and saw my friends rushing towards me.

They were all panting.

"We heard the news." They said

"Don't worry we didn't believe that you purposely did it. And we even told the others that you will never do it." Shai said

"It doesn't matter" I said

I just smiled slightly at them.

It does not matter anymore.

Because when I tried explaining earlier, No one would have listened. They already have a conclusion in their mind.

"Still, we will shut them up for you." Indie said

Lily just rubbed my back in comfort.

"Oh no, it spilled on you too." Shai pointed at my shoulder

Indie dried my clothes up for me with her magic.

"I'm glad it didn't reach your skin."

I only smiled at them. At least I have friends who would believe me.

****

A few days later...

We were all in class. The professor has something to announce.

"Listen everyone, by the end of this semester our school would prepare a welcoming party for you freshmans. Along with the Alchemy department, this party is for you young students to be acquainted with each other. Because in the future, you generations will work with one another."

After announcing that the professor has left.

So basically the party that would be held is also like our social debut in the society.

Because we are all 16 and is at the age where we debut in the society. The Kingdom sponsors it and it would be held here in school.

Not just nobles can attend this party. But also the commoners. They are special case because they have talents and was born with a strong mana unlike the others.

Though many doesn't like to attend because they feel so inferior.

Many nobles used this chance to dress up extravagantly. Because this is their social debut that the Kingdom held.

I was fixing up my things when I noticed someone by my side.

I look up and saw that it is Raquel. Her friend Lady Olivia is standing right beside her.

I was blankly looking at them when Raquel spoke "I- I'm sorry, f-for causing you trouble Lady Winteira" she said apologetically and bowing in front of me.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not the one who got hurt." I told her

I stood up and was picking up my bag when she spoke again " B-but still, how can I make it up to you" she said begging me.

She doesn't have to make it up to me.

People will misunderstand again if she keeps approaching me like this.

"You don't have to." I said and was trying to leave when she suddenly grabbed my hand.

I quickly took my hand in surprised. I felt a sudden fear when she held my hand.

"I-... I'm s-sorry for grabbing you like that. But please let me make it up to you." She said

Her friend beside her look worried because the hand that she used was her injured hand.

"I said you don't have to do anything about it, it doesn't matter, besides I'm not the one who was injured." I said

My voice was a little louder than the usual.

She just stood there and quietly said she's sorry.

I turned around holding my hand that she touched.

It was shaking. Why?

Why did I felt fear when she grabbed my hand. What is this feeling.

My hand can't stop shaking.

I got a little angry for her actions. Every time she's making things worse than it is. Why does she keep saying she's sorry.

****

TO BE CONTINUED...