-Chapter 52-

After the banquet, our semestral break is near.

It was the first half of our first year in this magic academy. In our first semester, we were all introduced to basic things related to magic. We were also partially been thought about the nature of our magic.

I am packing up my things because I will be returning to the North. It was only a two weeks break but at least I could spend some time with my parents.

Ana wanted to do the packing all by herself but I tried to stop her and told her that I don't have to take everything. Because I am still coming back to the capital.

"I want to visit the plaza." I said

Then Ana paused at what she was doing and look my way "But Miss-"

"Please?" I said to her, giving her my most adorable look so she will be convinced.

Ever since we have been told not to come close to the guild, we have stopped wearing our disguises and coming closer to that place.We also never had the chance to go to the plaza and marketplace.

"I will not go roam around as a member of Celeste but as a lady." I begged her

She just shakes her head and in the end give in.

I smiled brightly at her.

I wanted to buy something for my parents back at the North.

Tomorrow is we will be leaving so this is my last chance to visit the plaza market.

****

I wonder what's going around back at the guild. To suddenly forbid us from going closer to there. Right after the guild master came back, everyone has been so secretive.

When I asks Ana what that was all about she said nothing. But was told to stop us from going near the guild.

Now I have no choice but to show myself as a noble lady going to shops.

I never liked exploring as a noble because I always have to be at my best composure.

When my friends brought me to that world. It makes me feel more true to myself. Like wearing the mask have me more comfortable. No one will judge me and have expectations of what I should be. Wearing that mask as a guild member relieves me from a lot of restrictions of being a noble lady.

I sighed wishing to wear my mask again.

I slightly open the curtain to look outside clearly.

Ana did not say anything.

She knows how much fun I felt whenever I went to the guild with my friends.

Being a noble has a lot of restrictions.

Come to think of it, why is there a lot of knights patroling the street.

I don't like the 1st division knights, just looking at them you would get the feeling that they emits a certain air around them.

Those knights have a blood of nobles so yeah they can be so out of the league of an ordinary person.

In this Kingdom, you can be a knight if you are a noble because nobles were the ones who has great amount of mana and are graduates of the Academy. Well there are some who isn't a noble but able to make it. They are the exceptional ones.

If I were to be asks which one is better, I say those that truly deserve to be a knight because of their talent.

I can see why Henry quit being a knight, the first division of knights are all nobles and arrogants.

I almost encountered one when I was  roaming the streets as a member of Celeste.

The knights are divided into 3.

The Elite knights only for the Royal family.
The knights of Fleuren (knights that serve the people) is divided into two.

The first division are those within the borders. They are the ones patroling the streets right now.

And the 2nd division the ones that guards the borders and fight outside the border. Most of them are commoners that is talented in swordfight.

Like what I said before the First division is just for the glory.

Such a waste of magic actually, if they weren't gonna use it. They are too afraid to go beyond the borders.

****

The carriage suddenly stop and I immediately look for what's wrong.

The carriage door suddenly opened rudely, revealing two knights.

I gave them a cold glare and they flinched.

"How dare you to suddenly opening a lady's carriage!" Ana enrage by the two knights standing in front of the carriage door.

"I— our apologies milady, we did not know that Lady Winteira is inside."

"We did not see a signia that it is a Winteira's carriage."

The two knight said, I still glared at them. That is not a reason to suddenly opening a carriage door when there is someone inside.

"What is your business, why are knights rudely opening a carriage door." Ana asked.

I felt the knight is annoyed by Ana for what right she have to talk to him like that.

He is indeed a knight but he is of noble status. Assuming that he is in a higher position than Ana.

I am coldly staring at them so they are careful with their action.

After opening the door they must have felt the chills. Sensing that I am a Winteira. There is a law that no one should treat a Winteira as if they are ordinary nobles. We are not the royal family but there is a condition between the families that we will not be force to follow them.

We control the largest part of the whole Kingdom. We provide most of the protection from the outside danger.

Still waiting for their answers which they are still hesitating and thinking of what is the right answer.

That better be a good reason or else...

"Do plan on making the Lady waiting? What is the reason of opening each carriages!" Ana said.

A knight glared at Ana, so I spoke which made them immediately give me an answer.

"What?"

"Our apologies again for disrupting your carriage ride Milady. We are just on patrol looking for someone suspicious." The other one said and they both bow.

"Someone suspicious?" Ana asked

"The person responsible for the fire at the palace has not been found and we were given a tip that that person is near this place." Said the other knight.

I rolled my eyes at them and they apologizes again and closes the door gently.

"Narcissistic idiots..." I heard Ana whispered which made me smile.

I felt the two knights ego was hurt because of Ana. They couldn't even get mad at her because I was present.

If only they know that Ana is a far better knight than them. She is also noble.

Well the Crystal knights is a secret among the public.

"So they haven't found the culprit, that was too long. That culprit is smart." I said

"The 1st division knights are just too dumb. Why would they believe a tip about that person. The incident happened long ago. Why would a sudden witness of the incident show up now." Ana said

I agree with her, that was dumb of them.

"That's true, and the culprit must know of their stupidity. Who knows maybe he was the one that sent the tip." I said then look back outside the window.

****

TO BE CONTINUED...