Chapter 20- Two days before the Festival

Gathering informations is hard especially now at this time of the month.

Going out on the streets you can see people all over the place.

I have been wearing my disguise as member of the Celeste guild and not as a noble.

The streets are being decorated for the upcoming festival.

It will be held for a whole week.

And this is my first time joining the celebration. We do not held this kind of celebration in our territory.

The story behind this festival was shocking to me. And I now understand why they did not tell me about this festival even though it's history.

As soon as our meeting was concluded, Anya the person that I met when I became a member came barging in with a confetti and a horn it was so loud that we got startled and everyone yelled at her. She was wearing a funny looking hat and a glasses, asking us a question what are we doing in there and why the serious faces.

Currently outside our building when you look outside the window the streets are being decorated for the upcoming week of celebration. A festival that is held every year. It was a week of celebrating the new founding rulers of our Kingdom.

I was clueless about this and I thought it was not only me who did not know of this celebration but shockingly when I looked at Ana she does not seem like clueless about the whole situation. I found out that I was the only one who did not know of this.

So school started early this spring and now that it was ending there comes the festival. And in my past as Milliana I always went home to our territory at this time. I never really found out why my parents keep asking me to come home during this time.

Because I am now more closer to my friends and has something important to do in the Capital I chose to ignore my parents letters about them wanting me to come home.

So there I found out about this whole festival thing.

Liliana spoke up explaining the whole situation.

"It is the time of the year where the whole Kingdom celebrates the new founding ruler. It is a 5 days celebration. On the first day is the opening and where the King greets everyone and starts the opening ceremony of the festival. There will be a parade of course. On the evening would be a play of the legend where the Kingdom was founded. The second day there would be a ball held at the palace. On the third day there would be a show of how they burned the witch on a stake. It is another play. On the fourth day will be another ball and on the last day would be the crowning of the new rulers, the last play. Then some fireworks to celebrate the end of the festival."

I nodded at her explanation and I can't believe I was the only one who did not know about this.

And during this time of the festival our guild will be closed.

When I went out I always disguises myself and wore a mask. Thank God even though the guild will be close this week some people go around wearing masks.

I just blended in with them.

The day after tomorrow will be the start of the festival. I can see that people are busy decorating the streets. They are putting on some arches, some lanterns, food stalls at the center of the plaza they are setting up a huge stage and decorating it. I'm kind of excited because this will be my first time witnessing the festival of our Kingdom.

I have so much to catch up to. When my first life here, it only revolves around one guy and now I can't believe myself how much I wasted all my time for him in the end I could not get him to look at me.