-Chapter 56-

"....il....Sweetie..."

Hmm

I heard a voice calling out to me, waking me from my sleep.

When I finally got to open my eyes it was my mother.

"Mother,." She kisses me and said that it's time for dinner.

I got up and change clothes.

My nap took longer than expected. What is that dream about. It's too vague now.

But I think it's a memory of my past.

****

Clack... clack....

The sounds of the utensils echoes the dining room. No one is speaking so my father breaks the silence.

"Did you rest well dear?" He asks me.

I nodded " Yes father, I rest well enough."

I took a bite of the meatballs that my mother cook. And mmm

It's so good.

"I missed mother's cooking" I said to her.

We spend our time eating and chatting about what happened to me at the capital.

They wanted to know more about my situation at school. But I assured them that the kids at school didn't bother me. They are just indeed too nosy and my father joked about how they maybe got it from their parents and we all laugh.

Him too, experienced the chatters of the nobles and was always the person in the gossips. But he ignored them.

And during the talk they began to tell the story how he met mother.

When he ignored the gossips about him, mother was the opposite. She is popular in the society as the most beautiful girl at their age. Lots of nobles became her suitor and so the ladies got jealous and spread rumors. She got mad at them for spreading false rumor and stop it. Once she cleared everything, she realize that aside from her, Father is also a victim of false rumor but never clears his name.

She come up to him and told him why he didn't do anything. But father did not bother and ignored her. He was indeed a little mean for telling her that it's not her business and to go away.

But while mother spend a lot of time watching him. She notice a lot of admirable traits about him. She admired how strong he is and how he did that to her because he never wanted her to get involved wit him. Because people would once again bother her.

Mother completely fell for him and when rumors about them spread she gladly told them that she do like him.

Even though Father was a genius, it was overshadowed by his family name and magic.

Lots of girl's do like him but they are not brave enough to get involve with him.

Mother is the only one who would embrace everything about him. She love him as a person, for who he really is. Not because of his family name and magic. But because she love him and would do everything for him.

****

I took a walk around the castle. There is a blizzard outside during the night and I am not sleepy so I decided to take a walk.

I went to the East building which by the end of it leads to a huge greenhouse we have.

Because our land is always covered by snow this greenhouse is the only place where I can see a lot of flowers and plants. There are also some rare birds.

As I walk over there with Ana accompanying me, I happened to pass by a door leading to an underground room. It is an old rustic door that I never once saw being cleaned.

"Ana, have you ever wondered what is behind that door." I asks her

"That is just storage for old books milady." She answered straightly.

We just continue walking without any more questions. They will never show me what's in there anyway. In my past life I don't think I have seen the inside of it.

One day I will witness it myself in this life.

When we arrived, I suddenly remembered a vague memory about playing in this place.

We often play hide n seek and I know that it was just not me and Ana.

"Ana?..." I hesitate in asking her.

I don't know if it is just a dream but I swear that my dream last time is a memory of mine.

"Yes Miss?" She said beside me.

"Did we have another playmate in the past?" I asks her.

"Why do you say so?" She answered

"Nothing... it's just ... I had a dream  earlier about playing with another kid." I said to her.

She thought deeply trying to remember if we do have a playmate before.

"Hmm, Ever since we are young we have always been together. I have no recollection of anyone being our playmate." She said

I believe that she is telling the truth. Even I don't know if that dream is real. I was five and Ana is 5 yrs older than me.

There is also no reason for her to lie to me about that. And her actions tells me that she is not lying, because when she lies she unconsciously scratch the back of her ear.

I did not witness her do that this time.

I walk towards a fountain we have in the greenhouse. Sat there and play with the water.

There are some small fishes swimming around.

It was a habit of mine since young to play in this greenhouse.

Father made it for me to enjoy this wonders that I won't be able to see in our land.

It has always been snow everywhere and when the night comes there are blizzards. But there is also times that it's not.

Also, I did not hate it because it is peaceful. When the morning came it would be a clear sky and white scenery everywhere. It was as if everything is pure as it is.

People are kind.

We lack the land to maintain agriculture but we were not poor. There are lots of caves where we mine minerals and magic stones.

Strong military too.

Come to think of it. Our territory is like this Greenhouse. Lots of wonderful things inside protected by the glass walls. Away from the ice cold environment outside.

Father made sure that the people of our territory will not be harmed. And has always been taken care of.

****

TO BE CONTINUED...