Chapter 23- Festival (Day one) part two

"She's one of the kids you picked up right?" Lily asks me

I nodded and she puts on a small smile looking at Anri and bent down to be on the same eye level as her.

"My name is Liliana Sybella but you can call me Lily, yours is Anri?" Then Anri nodded, Lily removed her gloves to shake hands with Anri

"You've been through a lot" Lily with a sad expression held Anri's hand longer

She must have seen Anri's past. What I know is that she was one of the slaves that has escaped two years ago before she come to the orphanage.

After shaking hands with Anri. Lily walked back inside. Then I followed her.

She sat down the couch and leaned back and closed her eyes. I sat down next to her.

"What did you see?" I asks, She opens her eyes and looked at me with a sad eyes.

"That child was forcefully taken from her home." She lowered her voice and come closer to me

"They entered her house that night and killed her parents while she was asleep. She was taken from her bed. When she woke up she was already in a ship with the other slaves. She believes her parents are still alive back at home waiting for her. She is waiting for the time when she is older she wanted to come home."

Anri...

I looked at the child outside the balcony. You have been brave.

I can't tell her that her parents are already dead.

"If they are the same group that we are investigating then they are dangerous. They don't hesitate to kill once you fought them." I looked again at Lily

She is right

It would be dangerous for us. We have to be stronger.

"Milady your food is ready" Mrs Atlin said

"Oh thank you, eat with me please"

"We have already eaten, thank you" she nodded

"Wait where is Ana?" I asks her before she got to the balcony to check up on the kids with the twins

"She went outside to check out on something, if you need anything milady please tell me"

"Okay I will, thanks" I walked to the table where the food was.

I wonder where Ana would go

"I can now see the parade, it has left the Palace gates" Shai entered the room from the balcony to announce

"Where is your brother Lily? He is late" Indie asks

"I don't know, something might have happened on the way"

"I thought Anya was also coming?" I asks after I wiped my mouth with the table napkin

They both shrugged, then Indie returned to the balcony

***

"Wow, look she's using her magic!" Ryu exclaimed

The little boy pointed at the people using their magic.

The parade is full of people who can use magic. There are some who can use wind magic and they spread flower petals all over the street. Some has water magic and played with their magic and create a beautiful scene. There are also a lot of people showing their talents.

We were all in awe by the scene that we saw

Even the knights are in the parade. I recognize some but and I doubt the people watching on the street know where they come from.

They are all cheering for them. The kids are in awe even I.

I looked beside me because my dress was being tugged "what's wrong?" I ask the girl tugging on my dress

She pointed and I look "Look that's the girl I remembered when I saw the parade before. She looks like a princess"

"You are right" I agreed

In the parade there are people wearing costumes and I believe they are the actors that would perform for the play. The girl Anri was pointing at has a black hair and in a simple white dress.

"What will she be playing?" I ask Lily

"She's the witch" Lily replied and I look at the girl

Well they got it right. I saw it in my dream before what the witch from the legend looks like, she is indeed angelic. I'm looking forward for the play and I don't expect much from the story it will be lies I'm sure of it.

Following the actors for the play there comes another group of people showing their magics and then petals falling from above the entrance of the King and the Crown prince Raphael.

***

The parade was indeed magical, it was a beautiful sight the kids enjoyed it.

We are now at the plaza where the King would give his speech. The parade has stopped here for the Speech to start the festival.

He got off and walk to the stage hi knights in position. Following beside him is the future King of Fleuren the Crown Prince Raphael.

People surrounded him and we were among the crowds waiting for his speech to start.

First he greeted his citizens. He thanked everyone for all their hard works and to continue the good work and maintaining peace in the Kingdom. I can see why the people love him, because he compliments them. Like any other speech in the end he wants us to once again enjoy the festival this year.

There, the festival are now officially starts. After giving the speech, people took over and gave thanks to him being a kind King who looks after his people. Then there comes the introduction to the actors that will perform to the plays.

They are professionals so there is no need to worry about the stunts that they will do.

Later in the evening will be the first play. The founding of the Kingdom.

***

TO BE CONTINUED...

***

I do not own the photos above. I just googled it. Also heyyyyy

I just want to share Freaking romance is ending already 😭❤️. But I'm excited with Kill me after Lunch hehe I miss the characters from Nightmare Factory ❤️❤️❤️

Zylith from Freaking romance