Chapter 39-

I told my friends everything. If it weren't for Lily seeing that memory, I wouldn't have had the chance to bring it up or even mention that it is true, I went back in time.

She mentions something about curses. What does she mean by that?

I have a lot of questions in my mind but, it's enough for today.

After our talk,we went to do a quest and finished it. We all went home exhausted.

Ana who was not with me all day came back with a news.

****

It was almost bedtime and I already wash up. Before I went to bed, I looked at the letters that Ana brought.

I saw that one letter is from my parent's.

They are both worried for me. Because I did not went home during the festival, which is the only break we had from school, they are worried.

This is the first time that I have been away from them. All sixteen years of my life is that I never left the Northern territory.

I wrote them a reply not to be worried because I met good friends. They helped me adapt in this place.

Nothing much just that I am safe and was well being taken care of.

I could not write to them about what happened in Aurush. It would be dangerous if word got out. What if something happened to my letter and people would suspect about the contents of the letter. People are already terrified knowing I have magic like this.

Earlier Ana brought news to me passing along a message from Admiral Morgan. He told me to not worry because it was all been taken care of.

The culprits, the victims as well as some knights all have no recollection of what has happened. With the help of a mind altering magicians they made it possible.

The victims have now arrived back to their hometowns.

The culprits were transferred and would soon face their punishments here in Capital.

****

Lily's POV

"Sister, why are you still awake at this time?" Louis asked me when he saw me walking down the stairs.

He just went to have a drink and was on his way back when he saw me.

"I will just take a stroll to clear my mind. You can go ahead and sleep first." I replied to him.

He nodded saying be careful.

There would be knights patrolling around the estate and it would be safe.

So I went outside.

It was a clear night sky and even the moon shines so bright.

I walk towards a bench and sat on it. The breeze is not that cold but gentle. I relaxed myself and took deep breaths.

Strong wind suddenly blew and I felt cold.

The familiar presence of the person whom only me and my family for generations can see.

"Did you do that to her?" I asked

The lady in white is sitting right next to me in the bench.

She chuckled "what do you mean?"

Without looking at her I continued to speak. "Did you make her repeat her life?"

The smile was now gone on her face. I can see it in my peripheral vision. She was not happy but also not mad by my question.

"I gave her a chance to not repeat her mistakes, why are you not grateful for it." The lady in white said

There's a part of me that wants to know what happened to Millie's first life. But there is also a part of me that is scared to find out about it.

"You can only see glimpses of the future but she has already experience that future. It would be up to her to change everyone's ending" she said smiling

She was playing with our lives. She was being entertained by what is happening.

"You seem amuse" I said bluntly

She laughs more by what I said "Of course I would be, seeing that the generations of those ****ing families are still suffering, I simply loved it."

She keeps laughing.

I am only looking afar not showing her how much I was angry that she is doing this to us. I am shaking but I tried to stop it.

"But Milliana will be your salvation in this life. If it weren't for her foolishness in that past I wouldn't be able to find the real culprit behind these tragedies." She said

I looked at her side.

It took up a lot of my courage to try and look at her face.

Not everyone has the courage to look straight at the face of the person their family has terribly owed. I was afraid that once I see her eye to eye, I would go insane like my ancestors.

This is the first time I saw her face clearly. Her pale white face. Her lips that has lost it's color. Eyes that looks dead with no more emotions to express. The eyes that looks terribly tired. Is she laughing all this time with those dead eyes.

This is the first time I have realized that even if she says she is enjoying our sufferings. She was not genuinely happy.

I felt the pain in my chest. I tried to stop myself from crying. Why...

"Dawn..." Her name escaped my mouth

She smiled sadly.

"Find the culprit that started all this tragedies. That person is responsible for the fall of Eira Family" she said before she disappears from my sight.

Tears flows to my cheeks. I put my hands to hid my face that was crying.

All this time, she too is still suffering...

My heart breaks for her agony. The death of her loved ones. Her putting on curse for the people who contributed in their death.

I can't blame her for it.

Our pain can never be compared to how much she has carried for all this years.

****

TO BE CONTINUED....