-Chapter 48- The Banquet

Third Person POV

Milliana who has just entered the hall never fail to get the attention of the crowd inside.

It was not because of her usual coldness. Not because of the rumors about her. No prejudices.

They stared at her in awe. Because of how she looks exceptionally beautiful tonight.

If it weren't for her name. And if she was only like any other noble inside the hall then she would have been admired openly and not be fearful to the eyes of others.

They envy her beauty and the elegance she express. To think that it was normal for her, she was perfect.

The people once again pity her for being born in that family and inheriting their magic they despise.

Once Milliana got to her friends the entrance suddenly opened revealing yet another exceptional being.

Beside her is a Baron's daughter. The girl looks more noble than the real one.

They both step in and admire the decorations of the hall. Standing side by side the two look for a place they can stay in while waiting for the banquet to start.

****

Milliana's POV

"How amusing, the people who was once under her charm is now talking badly of her. Just right after they snapped out of her charm they began talking badly of her." Lily said while holding her drink. She was talking about one of my classmates who were always expose to Raquel. And like how Lily explained in the past, the charm would wear off sooner the longer they are expose the faster.

Not longer after I arrived in this hall, Raquel and Lady Olivia came in.

I turned to look who it was that caught everyone's attention and I was not surprised as it was Raquel.

Right after the door opened I sense that the atmosphere in the hall changed.

Indie came closer to me and handed me a drink which I gladly accepts.

"Isn't that last year's design?" I heard a girl said.

"Indeed, and doesn't it look too familiar? I mean it's Olivia's dress that she wore last tea party."

"To think that she would wear her dress."

"To think that she would actually even come to this place. Look! The other commoners know their places."

The group of people that has come to this place to gossip is annoying.

"Are you done?" Indie said to Shai who keeps putting food into her plate.

Shai nodded and proceeded into walking holding her food.

The place where we can seat is on the other side of the hall. To think that I would have to cross the hall from this place just to get food is tiring. I would have to pass by people who keeps talking badly of someone.

I was holding my glass and drank a little bit due to my annoyance.

I look at the way of the girl's who keep gossiping about other people.