-Chapter 47-

One week before the banquet for the new students.

People has been talking about it. About how excited they were, how much their gowns would be, where they had it made, chatter chatter chatter.

I took a sigh thinking about how should I spend my weekend next week. I was sad that we can't go near the guild.

Thinking about it, it would be like a really free day for me. I should explore the capital streets to entertain myself.

Hmm

My nose has caught a familiar smell. A very familiar sweet and tasty smell. It makes my mouth watery.

I followed where it was coming from and it's from the door.

Raquel is standing there holding a bag of freshly baked bread.

"Good morning everyone!" She said and walk towards her seat.

People talked about why she was carrying a bag of bread.

I had craving looking at it.

Before I got tempted I quickly look outside the window and then closed my eye.

I'm fighting my cravings. Those sweet breads... ugh.

She was giving it to everyone. Some accepts and some just ignored her.

I heard someone tap my desk making me open my eyes and look at that person. "Would you also want one, lady Winteira?" She asks smiling happily.

With my unmoving face I just look at her and just shakes my head.

Shit, those sweet buns.

It's making my mouth watery. But I try to not be moved by those breads. I won't give in to tempation.

I'll go ask Ana to buy me some later.

"Okay..." she sadly turn around then Prince Rafael entered the class.

The air in the class changed as soon as he entered the room. Raquel who turn around sadly a while ago cheered up as soon as she saw him.

She quickly walks toward the Prince and asks if he would want some.

He gladly accepts.

Argh this is torture. I really like their bread but I'm hiding it because I don't want her to keep approaching me.

I'm keeping my distance here.

Soon class starts

****

One week later...

Standing in front of the mirror looking at my own reflection. My hair is tied up neatly. Ana is such a talented maid. She even put my make up on and some other maids help me wear my dress.

 She even put my make up on and some other maids help me wear my dress

It was the dress chosen by my mother. The color is light that is very appealing to the eyes. I just love the combination of the two. Even remind me of the pink roses that can be found in my territory back in the North. It was rare. Once when I was on a walk, I happen to see a rose that is blanketed by snow.

I also remembered the one Ren gave me.

"My lady is really gorgeous" I heard the maids said.

If you look closer my cheeks had turned more red than before. I blush from remembering him.

"The carriage is ready milady." One maid said

I nodded and get ready to leave.

It was an evening banquet. I am sitting in my carriage with Ana in front of me. I look outside the window watching the road we pass by.

The window was slightly open allowing the cold breeze to come in. Ana was about to close it when I told her it's okay.

The gentle breeze outside makes me calm.

Come to think of it, I remember there is a scene from the book stating that Raquel didn't have any dress to wear to the banquet of the new students. She was debating with herself if she should go or not. In the end she choose not to but Lady Olivia learned about it. And so Olivia let her borrow one of her dress.

She happily went to the banquet wearing Olivia's dress but some nobles recognizes it and talked badly about her. When she was already feeling embarassed she runs away only to bump into the Villainess who's eyes looked at her coldly.

She threw her glass right at her. Pouring it onto her dress. People laugh at her and wishing she should not have attended in the first place.

She run outside and cried at the garden where no one could see her. Coincidentally, Rafael is there. He helped her, she changed clothes to a new and beautiful one catching everyones eyes. He escorted her back and the people who laughs at her before is now at awe by the sight they are watching. Like it has been taken out of a painting. The two dance together that night. Being the center of attention.

I sighed remembering that scene from the book. And to think that it would happen later.

I'm glad I remember it now. So what I have to do is not bump into her.

Beware of the damsel in distress.

I would not be the villainess that would put her in a more pitiful position like pouring my drink at her dress.

I sighed again.

"Is there something wrong milady?" Ana asks

I looked at her and shake my head. Smiling that it was nothing.

****

Well here we are,

The carriage door opened and the knight escorting me offered me his hand for me to hold to get down.

Standing near the stairs I look up at the building where the banquet is being held.

I took a deep breath and picked up my dress and walk up the stairs.

I stopped in front of the door of the hall and waited for it to open.

Revealing the bright light and elegant decoration of the event hall I entered gracefully.

I carefully scan through the crowd looking for my friends. After seeing them I went towards where they are. They are standing in front of the food as usual it's Shai's favorite spot.

I shake my head and walk towards them. Ignoring the crowd who's attention is at me right after I got in.

****

TO BE CONTINUED....