-Chapter 50-

Last night the banquet of the new students was held. It was quite tiring and I thought that it would end peacefully.

The incident where I dropped my drink at Raquel wasn't irritating enough but she also approach me again right before the banquet ended.

I can't stop myself from being annoyed by her actions.

I wanted to live peacefully in this life , why does it feel like she kept approaching me more and more.

I can't stop myself from massaging my temple. My head hurts so much since last night.

Wanting to get some fresh air instead of lying down in my bed all day, I sat here in my balcony.

I leaned back against the chair with my right hand supporting my head. Have my eyes close for a moment and just making myself feel comfortable.

Remembering what happened last night made my head hurt more but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Sigh

After their dance, the two people whom I wanted to ignore, approached me. The Prince talked to me and also help Raquel apologize to me. I just accepted it quickly for them to leave but they still talked with me a little more.

After that Rafael asks me to dance and so we did. But why does it make me feel that it was Raquel who initiated it.

I shake my head thinking about it.

In the past I know that we did not even dance together nor actually had a conversation during the party.

The two were always together during that time so I never get to approach the Prince and that causes me to not like her more.

"Milady, your meal is ready." Ana said

I opened my eyes and saw the food on the table right in front of me.

She said that I should eat a lot for me to drink my medicine and for fast recovery.

It was just a heachache. The food in the table feels like she is taking care of someone who is malnourished.

I glanced at her and she just smiled.

If it weren't my meal this delicious I don't think I would have liked it, her planning to make me gain more weight.

****

Yumm

I finished the meal after a long time and I feel like I have gained my strength back. The pain in my head eases a bit, a little more rest would do it.

Later this afternoon, Lily would visit and I'm glad my headache has already subsided.

I don't have anything to do so I plan to explore the estate.

****

I walk down the stairs and went outside.

Right outside the door I saw the three kids playing near the garden. There is also a gardener doing his job. I'm glad to see him, I have always wanted to meet the person who took great care of our estates surounding.

This estate in the capital do not have many servants because there is no master to serve. My family do not always come here.

For me, I was always in our territory in the North. Only my parents left occasionally and stayed here for business. But they stay no longer than a month.

I had a few chats with the servants that I met. So mostly of them are originally from the North and like the butler and the other maids and knights their family lived here near our estate.

While exploring, I found a perfect place to spend time with Lily later.

I didn't know that we have a maze in the garden.

The bushes are only 3 ft high and at the center of the maze is a perfect tea spot.

Not long after I rest there, a servant came saying Lily has arrived and I told her to lead her here.

****

"Are you feeling well now?" Lily asks

She is sitting right across from me. I was admiring the surrounding flowers when I notice the look that she have when she asks me.

"I am, just right after I ate my food. It was that fast then the pain disappeared."

"Food won't cure you that quickly... unless you are Shira" she jokes

Pft

I laugh at what she said. Food is life for our dear friend.

"But honestly, I am worried when you suddenly said that you don't feel well last night." She said drinking her tea

I agree, it was so sudden.

"...I also notice something very strange surrounding you last night. I... couldn't find what it is but it felt like there is something really wrong about it."

I give her a questioning look and she just continue.

"I mean, I recognized that it is your mana but what I am thinking about is why is it moving strangely last night." She added

More questions flooded my mind. She mentioned my mana. But from what I have learned at school mana should be stable when you are not even using it.

"How strange..."

"Oh!, It must be have been it. A soul and mana emits almost the same color. When a person is sick their soul shows if there is something wrong." Lily explained

I put down my drink and agreed with her.

"That must have been it, because remember it was last night that I said that I don't feel well."

Right after I dance with Rafael, I suddenly fell weak. And that was when I notice how Lily looks at me like seeing something.

"But that only happens when your life is gravely in danger tho" she said making me almost choke with my own saliva.

"What?" I look at her with my shocked eyes. My heart almost drop when I heard her say that I was in grave danger.

I'm not dying with just a headache right?

"Then why is it that my soul is moving strangely last night?" I asks

She just shrugged and had a serious look on her face. "That is also my question. Because if it is not you using your magic last night then we should cross out our idea that it is only just your mana. What's left is, it is your soul and something is making you life unstable."

I look at her and she is right. I was not using my mana. And to think that I fell ill right after I dance with Rafael doesn't make sense.

Something that we don't know is happening.

Come to think of it, lately I have been feeling that something is wrong with my body. I had been feeling ill but recovered quickly after a few moments.

"Could I possibly be ill?" I asks Lily

Can she also detect a person's sickness.

"I don't think so." She replied

I leaned at my seat, eating some cookies. I do have a healthy body but my life still ended at a young age.

Nothing else change in this life just me remembering my past. It is not possible to suddenly acquire an illness just because I have this memories.

Wait...my memories is vague but how exactly did I die in the book?

****

TO BE CONTINUED...