-Chapter 68

The two boys walked around and tours the palace ground.

Earlier the Duke has allowed them to go ahead. While walking around they found the place where the knights train.

"Look," Hugo said

Lawrence followed his line of sight and saw where Hugo is looking.

It's the palace knights and with them is the crown prince. They have a sparring going on.

"Should I play with him?" Lawrence asked.

"You better not. Father might get mad again." Hugo said

And yet he pointed him out to Lawrence.

The Duke already warned them about approaching the Crown Prince.

Still they can't help but play their silly jokes.

Lawrence have a smile on his face thinking of how they will play with them

"Come on, let's have a sparring game." Lawrence said and walk towards the knights.

***

A knight approached them telling them to go away and asked who allowed them to enter. Because this area is restricted to outsiders.

They said that they are guests of the Queen. The Crown Prince stopped the knight from telling them to go away and acknowledges them as guests. He greeted them.

"What can I do to the Queen's guests." Rafael said

Lawrence smiled and said "I challenge you in a sparring competition."

A knight got mad and said "How dare you talk to the Crown Prince like that."

The two acted as if they did not know that Rafael is really the Crown Prince.

"Our apologies, your highness. We thought you were a mere knight in training." Lawrence said

the knights got mad at them.

"This—" a knight was gonna get angry and scold him but Rafael stopped him.

"If you want a challenge then I accept one." He answered

"I am terribly sorry again. Your highness for not recognizing you earlier. It would be an honor to spar with you." Lawrence said

"It's alright, I am in plain clothes and you came from another Kingdom. It's not your fault to not recognize me that quickly." Rafael said giving Lawrence a polite smile.

Hugo and the others walks to the benches and wait for the sparring to start.

****

Lawrence and the Prince change their clothes. Some knights are gathering to watch their sparring.

They are mad for a stranger to just walk into their training ground and straight away challenged the Prince.

It's like mocking their Crown Prince.

"You better prepare yourself." A knight said, handing Lawrence a sword.

"Why is that?" Lawrence said acting innocent. Which in turn annoying the knight.

The knight harshly handed over the sword at Lawrence instead of handing it to him properly. He pushed it right at his chest.

Lawrence laughed at his actions.

He was making fun of them and their actions unfiltered of their anger at him.

"You chose the wrong opponent." The knight whispered at him and tsked.