-Chapter 58-

After playing with the kids, Carol has called me to tell me that mother has been looking for me and it's time we should help out the village people.

Ana and I went to the only path towards the indoor farm of the two Village. The farm is what connects the Pressia Village to Berryl Village. They share the same agricultural land and work together.

These two village is near our castle.

"Good morning Milady" said by the people I pass by on the way.

The passageway towards the indoor farm is a tunnel underground. So for people not from the Northern Territory are shocked to find an indoor farm where there is no entrance. That is because the passageway is from a tunnel underneath and the entrance to those is by entering each one of the two village.

This is to protect the farm from being robbed by outsiders. The glass is enchanted and is hard to break without a spell and there is no entrance to it unless they pass by the village guards.

When we reach the entrance of the farm I saw my mother talking with the two heads of the Villages.

I approach her. The two chief greeted me and we all started to help the villagers farm the fruits of their hardwork.

****

A few days later...

My return to Capital is the day after tomorrow. So I will spend my remaining day at home with mother.

We are at her room and she is reading a book from our library, her hot tea is on the side along with a piece of cake.

I, on the other hand have my warm cocoa and some berries that we harvested back at the village.

I am just admiring her on how she read her book and having her tea like this. I just miss seeing my mother on how peaceful she is like right now.

"What are you reading Mother?" I said to her.

She closes her book and look at me. Smiling gently she answered. "It's a story of a girl who woke up in the unknown."

I look at the book's cover but there is no title and it's an old cover.

"Who is the author?" I asked her

She put the book in the table and pick up her tea before speaking "I don't know too" she said with a little laugh.

It came from our library and it is a weird book because it has no title and no name of the author.

"Why is it kept in our library? Was there someone in the family who loves to collect fictional story?"

I asked her. Our household library books are usually the ones collected by the pasts head of the family.

"Hmm, there was one from what I remember. You know that we are the 9th generation of the Winteira family and the grand library in the East Building was established by the 5th generation head."

I nodded and continued listening "The head gave it as a gift to his wife who loved literature and secretly collected novels."

"Gasp, so that one you are reading is from the hidden bookshelf inside the library? You finally found it!" We have heard about a story of how Filomena, the wife of the 5th head has hidden a bookshelf that contains banned books of the kingdom.

"Yes dear, I recently found out the access to it and started reading it."

"How is it Mother?" I asked her. "Do the books contain secrets?"

My eyes glimmering with amusement, awaiting for her response if she did find out a secret from the book.

"It is just a book created with the author's impression or imagination of the unknown. A fruit of her own fantasy. But it is interesting because of her own way of writing."

"Can I see?" I said to her and was about to get the book but she took it immediately.

"I'm not yet done dear. Maybe after I finish it." She said holding the book.

I laugh at how she acts. She is always like this, not wanting others to touch a book she is interested in.

She must have finished all the books in the library that's why she ended up finding a long lost hidden shelf of the previous generation.

****

"Is everything done?" I ask Ana and she nodded.

She takes care of the things that I will bring to the Capital.

The other maids are helping me dress up.

Knock..Knock..

I heard a few knocking and saw who the person at the door is

"Mother," i said

"It's finally the time you enter the school dorms?" She asked.

I nodded.

The first half of the semester is only the time we were allowed to stay outside the school. But because the more we know about our magic and more frequent we use it, it is safe to stay at the school dorms.

"Take this too." She handed me out a small box. Ana carried it with her and we all went downstairs.

Father is waiting for us downstairs and said their farewell to me.

Because we will be staying in the dorms now. It will be harder for a visit or us going home.

"Always take care and be strong." Father said and hugged me. Mother too said her farewell then I boarded the carriage.

Just looking outside the window, watching the castle I grew up in gets smaller and smaller in my sight.

I sighed.

So far everything is good. And I have to ready myself for the things that will soon happen. Their story is only at the first few chapters of the book and lots of entanglements involving me would come so I have to be careful.

.

.

.

Why did I even ended up on the same floor of the dorm building as that Saint.

****
TO BE CONTINUED...