-Chapter 54-

Third person's POV

At a quiet and dark room, all you can hear is the breathing of the person lying down at a sofa. He was alone inside the room.

A sudden light coming from the door disturbed his rest.

"Did I not tell you to let me rest." The young man said to the person standing by the door.

"Sorry but father wishes to see us." The young man standing by the door said. He was also holding some clothes and walks near the table and put it down. Patting it he said "Go get change to this"

He then left the room.

The young man who is now sitting at the sofa, stood up and walks to get the clothes. He has no choice but to follow because the person they are meeting is the man who took care of him since young.

After he got change the two went to the location they were asked to go.

They entered the place and a servant asks for the reservation name and the other one said 'Duke Eldridge'

They were led upstairs and saw that no one is present except the person they are meeting. That person immediately recognizes them and gave them a smile.

"Ah, Lawrence you are here." He said gesturing for him to sit down.

The other one raises an eyebrow. "It seems that you have forgotten that your son is also present, Father." Said by the other one

"Well it looks like my dear son forgot to greet his father first." Said by the old man.

Lawrence shakes his head thinking 'again with their sarcasm' he was once again in between this father and son.

"How are you father?" The young man said

The old man looked at Lawrence and said "Good, well it's not a long time since we last saw each other."

Hugo who was sitting next to him look away.

They both remembered how mad the old man got when he found out about their silliness. They went to a place dangerous for the two of them who haven't made an appearance yet.

"I called you two here to tell you that I will be going back to working in the palace again." The old man said

Lawrence looked at Hugo who was sitting next to him.

"Then are you planning to bring us along?" Hugo asks

The old man shakes his head and said "I will not be bringing you two to meet the King but the Queen, my sister." He said

Lawrence had a displease expression on his face. The old man notices it but ignores.

"She wanted to meet my son—"

"Then bring him along with you." Lawrence cut him off

Hugo nodded in agreement.

"But she also want to see you. The boy I took in, my wife's nephew." The duke said.

Lawrence is known as the child that the Duke took in. When the Duke came to live with his wife at her homeland, the Gunita Kingdom. His wife's brother had an affair resulting him. His wife adopted her nephew whom her brother doesn't like to take in.

His sister, the current queen has been curious to see the boys her brother personally trained. If only the first Prince survived the fire, he must have been good friends with those two. Being trained by his uncle along with the kids his age.

"Why would she want to see some stranger." Lawrence said

He still have a displease look not agreeing to the idea of seeing his adoptive father's sister.

"I can meet my Aunt alone." Hugo said

"It's not like that..." the Duke's words were interrupted when he notices some noble ladies came in and sat at the opposite side of the room.

He clears his throat. The other two also notices and was careful with their conversations not being heard.

"She only wants to meet the boys that could have been her son's friends" the duke explained

The two frowned "why does she still think of the what could've happen. It's been almost two decades since she lost her child." Hugo said

Ack- Hugo reacted when the Duke kicked his leg below the table.

Lawrence remained quiet and the Duke spoke again "You two would never understand her pain. We will visit the palace soon so be ready."

"She got another son beside her who is perfect." Lawrence whispered

The three ate quietly.

****
After eating, another person entered the area. A young lady with her maid carrying some small boxes. The Duke notices it and looked at his watch. People are coming already and soon the place will be crowded.

He looked at the two sitting in front of him and his son with a questioning look, the Duke said "Don't you ever repeat those silly tricks you acted on the boy. You might know where he came from but everyone know him as the future ruler."

"We were never once been caught—" Hugo said but paused when his father glared at him.

He looked at the person sitting beside him and said "I just want him to have fun."

Ignoring what he said his father spoke again "I'll see you both soon again."

Lawrence said his farewell and left immediately only to bump at someone along the way. He paused for a moment but left in a hurry.

Hugo notices the moment and looked at the person whom he bumped into.

It was a young noble lady. He passes by her table along with his father whom only minded his business.

'Why did that young lady caught his attention for a moment.'

He just shrugged, well she is indeed pretty.

He must be missing the girl he is currently into. That girl is nowhere to be seen these days.

****
TO BE CONTINUED....