Chapter four.

~~~The docks~~~

"Who's that?" John B asks as some people pull in a dead body from the water.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." Some girl said. "Check out this pic I got." She shows us her phone with a picture of Scooter Grubbs' dead corpse on it. "Dead body. Insane."

"Holy shit." JJ said. "What kind of boat did he have?"

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White." The girl answered. "Everyone's out looking for it."

~~~The Château~~~

"Okay so. We didn't see anything." Pope says as he runs up on the porch. "We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"You want us to act like we have STD's?" I ask.

"Honey, no. That's chlamydia." Ky says.

"Oh." I say and JJ nods his head.

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ said. "See I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie says.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ says.

"No. We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kie says.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too." Pope says.

"Yeah, and it doesn't help that I took a couple more stacks myself." Ky says.

"I knew something looked off." John B says.

"How many stacks?" I ask.

"6." Ky says pulling them out of her bag.

"The truth." John B says.

"8." Ky says pulling one out of each jacket pocket. A jacket which she stole. We all look at her. "10. 15." She takes the Dopp kit from the bathroom out of the back of her jacket and pulls 5 move out of there and she takes one from each of John B's pockets.

"Is that all?" Kie asks.

"No." Ky says. She comes over to me and pulls one from the back of my dress.

"We gotta go dark." Pope says.

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ says.

"I don't agree." John B says.

"What? Why?" JJ asks.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? And enough money in a safe in a hotel room for Ky to take what 16 stacks of it and there still be enough in there to fill 7/8th's  of the safe even after the police took some theirselves. Just saying." John B says. They all look at me and Ky.

"What?" I ask.

"Your opinions matter, too." Pope says.

"That's actually really funny because I ha-" I start but Pope covers my mouth.

"I say keep." Ky says and they all look at me.

~~~On the docks~~~

"Alright, think about it. How does a marina rat get a Grady-White?" John B asks.

"Prostitution." Pope says.

"Robbing a bank." I say.

"Befriending a rich person." Ky says.