Chapter sixty-five.

"Pope. Pope, wait. Wait! Shit." JJ says as Pope runs to the casket. We all run right behind him. "Wait, wait. Yo." JJ holds us back. We start walking over to Pope slowly. He walks to the casket and bends down next to it.

"Cecilia Tanny, Denmark's wife." Pope says. He looks up at the tree. He stands and walks towards the tree. "He wasn't talking about the cross. He buried her at the foot of the angel."

"The true treasure." Kie says.

"His wife." John B says. Pope kneels at the casket and we all go over kneeling around it, too.

"Denmark was hung for burying his wife, and now they defiled her grave." Pope says. He slowly reaches into the casket and pulls something out.

"Ew, that's- dead body." I say. Sarah reaches in a grabs something too.

"This must have been from Denmark. Her wedding ring." Sarah says. Pope slowly puts whatever he grabbed back in there.

"We can't leave her like this." Pope says.

"We won't." John B says. We all stand up and JJ and John B put the top back on. Presley tugs on my sweater a little. I look over at him and he points to Pope who is picking flowers. I put Presley down and he runs over to Pope and helps him pick flowers. JJ starts hammering the top back into the casket. Pope comes over and places the flowers on the casket.

~~~

JJ pats the dirt with the shovel after we just took turns putting the dirt back in the grave.

"I just don't get it. I mean, you guys saw the map. He hides his gold so no one finds it for 170 years. And then he sends a message to his son Robert to come here to his mother's grave, but the message never gets to him. Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know we're in the right spot. It just feels like-" Pope says.

"Like we missed something?" JJ asks deeply looking at the tree. "Guys. Come here." We all go over to him and he climbs on top of the Twinkie.

"There he goes." John B says. Kie climbs up the Twinkie after him.

"Whoa." Pope says.

"That looks like-" JJ says pointing to a hole in the tree.

"The painting in the island room." Kie says.

"It's worth a shot, right?" JJ asks.

"Yeah." Kie says.

"Let's do it." John B says.

"Go for it." JJ says slightly pushing Kie forward.

"No chance." Kie says backing up.

"You do it!" Sarah says to JJ.

"Sorry. I.. I went in the storm drain so." Kie says.

"True." Eli says.

"She did go in the storm drain." Pope says.

"Yeah. No, I'm gonna do it. It's just.." JJ says hesitantly reaching for the hole.