Chapter sixty.

The lower part of the ship explodes and it sets off a chain reaction with the rest of the ship. Sarah gasps.

"Holy shit!" Shoupe shouts. Boat parts and ash goes everywhere. The rest of the world suddenly goes blank to me. All I can see is John B and the burning boat in front of me. I cover my mouth and start crying. Did you ever get that feeling that made your whole world stop even if only for a minute? I was not crying tears of sadness, but tears of joy. Sure a lifetime in prison would have been justice enough. Knowing that my father's murderer was rotting away in a cell for the rest of his life would have felt amazing. But a greater sense of justice was brought over me the second that boat exploded with Ward Cameron inside of it. Now my father's murder was dead and there is no way he could ever be coming back.

~~~The Château~~~

"Tobi, who was that guy on the boat?" Presley asks.

"Um, okay, remember what I said about villains?" I ask.

"Every hero has a villain." Presley answers.

"He was my villain." I say.

"But if he's a villain, why were London and Sarah crying when he died?" Presley asks.

"Because he was their dad." Kie answers.

"He deserved it, right?" JJ asks.

"Are you joking? Of course, he deserved it." Kie says.

"Never seen anyone blow themselves up like that." Pope says.

"Cross that one off the bucket list." JJ says.

"JJ!" Kie says walking down the ramp to the boat.

"Sucks for Sarah and London." JJ says as Kie sits down next to John B.

"It sucks for that whole family." Ky says.

"Are you okay?" Kie asks John B.

"It's not me I'm worried about." John B says.

"I want ice cream." Ky says.

"I wanna go shopping." I say.

"I want it to be morning already." Presley says. Ky looks at JJ and winks. To an outsider that was a weird thing for her to do, but to us we know that means us girls are going shopping while the boys tire him out and put him in bed so we can have some regular teenage time with minimal worry about him.

~~~Later that night~~~

"Wow, Ky. You didn't even spend 100 dollars out there." Kie says.

"No, but I got a lot of cute fall clothes." Ky says.

"I'm borrowing that maroon sweater." Kie says. My phone goes off a couple times. "Who is that?" Ky grabs my phone from my pocket.

"Roark." Ky answers.

"Stop. We're just friends.. who kiss sometimes." I say.

"You sleep with him, yet?" Kie asks.

"Not yet." I answer as the three of us join JJ in the kitchen. They giggle. "What did he say?" He had a lit blunt in his hand, a six-pack in the other, and he was trying to get a second six-pack out of the fridge.