Chapter twenty-seven.

~~~The Wreck, John B's POV~~~

"Look, he'll come around, all right? It's.. He's doing a JJ thing." I say.

"You think he'll go home?" Kie asks.

"Of course not." Ky says.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope says.

"You okay?" I ask Sarah. She nods.

"Yeah. Are you?" She asks.

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." I say.

"Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in- in a safe or a vault or something. I- I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off." Pope said. "I can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning."

"All right, let's do it." I say.

"Easy." Pope says.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say.

"Can I go this time?" Presley asks.

"Maybe." Ky answers. He huffs and frowns and she rubs his head.

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah asks.

"Shit." I say.

"What thing?" Pope asks.

"I have to go fishing with Ward." I say.

"Fishing?" Ky asks.

"You can't get 600 mil 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kie asks.

"Look, I have to go." I say.

"Blow it off. It's 600 million in gold!" Pope says.

"Make something up!" Kie says.

"Look, I- I have to, okay? He.. he saved me, all right? If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So.. I have to go." I said. "Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"

"Fine. Fine, go fishing." Pope says.

"And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then." Kie says.

"And Tobi." Sarah says.

~~~JJ's House, Tobi's POV~~~

"Son of a bitch." JJ mutters trying to push the door open. "I've been staying at John B's."

"I didn't ask you where you were stayin'. I don't care. I knew you'd get hungry." Luke says.

"That's not why I came back, Dad. I got the money." JJ says.

"Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it." Luke says.

"B." JJ says.

"Hi, Mr. Maybank." I say coming out onto the porch with the two of them.

"Hey, girlie." Luke says. I give the bag to JJ and he throws it on the table that Luke's sitting at working on a boat motor.

"Huh." Luke says he grabs the bag and starts opening it.

"It's all there." JJ said. "35k." Luke chuckles.

"I don't know how you got this. I- I don't even wanna know. You did it." Luke says as JJ flips his hat. JJ laughs and smiles. "I'll grant you that. You did it." Luke looks back down at the money. "There's beer in the cooler. Grab one for your little girlfriend, too." Luke says and JJ walks to the cooler. He looks back at me and I shake my head 'no'. "How you been, girlie?"