Chapter thirty-two.

~~~

After waiting in the lobby for like forever. They bring us into the room. Pope sits down and I stand next to him.

"And how have you been keeping busy all summer?" The male interviewer asks and Pope fixes his tie. I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Are you taking any classes or interning anywhere?" The female interviewer asks.

"Independent study." Pope answered. "We were looking for an old shipwreck, the Royal Merchant."

"And did you find it?" The male asks and both interviewers laugh and the faux smile on my face slips into an angry one. Pope squeezes my hand.

"Yes, I did, actually. Uh, me and my friends." Pope says.

"Oh, really?" The male asks.

"Yes, really." Pope answered. "Denmark Tanny, the- the- the fugitive slave turned free man, he was the sole survivor of the Royal Merchant, and he brought the gold to shore."

"And you found evidence of this." The female asks, putting her coffee on the table.

"Definitive proof." Pope says.

"Are you trying to get us to believe that you found the Royal Merchant?" The male asks.

"And if so, where's the gold?" The female asks.

"We only brought up a few pieces." I say showing them my ring.

"Why only a few?" The male asks and Pope makes a thinking face.

"It was too heavy.." Pope paused. "Excuse me." He stands up. He grabs my hand and we run out of there.

~~~The Château dock~~~

"Guys! Guys!" Pope pants as we run down the dock. "Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"Yeah, thanks a lot." I say.

"Tobi." Presley says running over and hugging my legs.

"You all right?" John B asks.

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asks.

"Don't ask." Pope says.

"I wanted to take their heads and just smash them together." I say.

"Tobes." Pope says.

"You wanted to also. I could tell by that tone in your voice." I say.

"Awesome." John B says.

"JB.. Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything." Pope says still panting.

"It's fine." John B says.

"Don't sound so bland." I say.

"But- but I don't have a lot of time, and- and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, "Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"." Pope says.