Chapter ten.

JJ and John B lift me into the hole and I start looking around. It's just an old rock full of vines.

"You alive? You got, like, a- a heartbeat and everything?" John B asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"That's good. That's good." John B says. I look around more and find a hole in the wall with something in it. I take the thing out and it's an envelope that reads 'For Bird and Sweet Pea'. I give it to them.

"That's not gold." Pope says.

"Obviously, 600 mill in gold would not fit in that little grave." Ky says. JJ and Kie help me out the hole.

"This is from dad." John B says. JJ lights a cigarette.

"Code red. Code red. Square groupers. Square groupers." JJ says.

"Go." Kie says. We all scurry over behind the stone.

"It's the guys who robbed your house." JJ says.

"Lights." Kie says. We all turn our lights off.

"John B." Pope says.

"Your light." Kie says. She looks over the side of the stone. "Do you thinking it's them?"

"How would they know where we are?" Ky asks.

"They could've followed us." I suggest.

"Homie's got a gun." JJ says.

"Screw this." Kie says. We all get up and run. We jump over the fence and Pope gets stuck by his shorts.

"Guys." Pope says.

"Come on, man." JJ says.

"I got you." Kie says. JJ pulls the gun out and me and John B push it down. Kie and Ky rip Pope down, his shorts stay on the fence, and we all run to the van.

"It's a little Tootsie Roll." John B says. We all laugh.

~~~The Château~~~

"I know you're thinking about it." Ky says.

"Did he like use tongue?" Kie asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"He's eating moldy bread." Ky says.

"Ew." We all groan in disgust.

"JJ." Kie says.

"Yup. Yup. Yup." JJ says coming over. "Hot damn! Let's do it." John B rips open the envelope and JJ gags spitting up his moldy bread. John B takes out a map and another envelope.

"This is for you." John B says handing me the second envelope.

"Sweet." I say.

"But I'm pretty sure the map is for me." John B says.

"X marks the spot." Pope says.

"Longitude. Latitude." John B says moving his fingers around the map. "Wait, there's something else in there." He pulls it out.

"What the hell is that?" JJ asks.

"It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kie says. John B presses a button and Dad starts speaking.

"Dear Bird and Sweet Pea." Dad says.

"Who's Bird?" JJ asks.

"That's what my dad called me." John B says.

"Sweet Pea?" JJ asks looking up at me.

"It's a long story." I say.

"No, it's not. She just doesn't like telling it." John B says.