Chapter twelve.

Ky's POV

"Ready when you are." I say.

"Okay." John B says. I walk out the door and John B follows right behind me. Kit stands up and starts walking away from JJ in a subtilely mad way.

"What happened there?" John B asks. JJ stands up and Kit turns around on the mets of her feet.

"Oh, she's mad." I say.

"I'd hate to be him right now." John B said. "Okay, let's go shopping."

Tobi's POV

"You know, you should've just asked Kie to date you. Or would she just give you the Heisman, too?" I ask. I stand up and start to walk away.

"Bub-." JJ starts as he stands up.

"Don't Bubbles me." I say.

"It was acting. I was acting." JJ says. I turn to face him.

"Acting?" I asked. "You were acting?"

"Yeah, so John B and them wouldn't get suspicious." JJ says.

"Suspicious of what?" I ask.

"Of us." JJ answers.

"That's seriously the best you got?" I ask.

"Yeah. That's the best I got." JJ says.

"I can't believe you right now." I say.

"That wasn't the right answer, was it?" JJ asks rhetorically. I scoff and cross my arms. He moves to lean on the rail from the dock. "Okay. I don't like Kie."

"Oh please don't give me that bullshit." I say.

"B, I swear I don't." JJ says.

""Dude, of course, I'm hitting on her. She's a super-hot, rich, hippie chick slumming with us. Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro? I know that door's locked because I've tired it. Have you?" If I remember correctly those are the exact words you used when you were telling John B that he should date Kie." I say.

"Exactly, he should date Kie. I wanna be with you." JJ says.

"How am I supposed to believe that?" I ask.

"How are you not?" JJ asks.

"You said of course you were hitting on her like it was obvious why you would do that." I say.

"B, that was before we were even dating." JJ says.

"One, it was only a few hours before we started dating. Two, you have only known Kie for 6 years, you only started hitting on her last year after she came back from the Kook Academy. If you gave up on her in only a year then how far back was it when you gave up on me?" I ask.

"What?" JJ asks.

"You started hitting on me eight years ago. You expect me to believe you still have those exact same feelings 8 years later. We were children." I say.

"You are so different from Kie. You guys are nothing alike. You have nothing in common. I mean, come on." JJ says.

"Am I just like some easy bitch or something?" I ask.