Chapter thirty-six.

"Where you been?" Mrs. C asks.

"Uh- I'm fine. I slept here." Kie says.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you. Were you even gonna tell us?" Mrs. C asks.

"Well, I'm telling you right now." Kie says.

"What the hell are you three up to?" Mrs. C asks.

"You really think they won't need band-aids or anything out there?" Ky asks.

"Ky, they'll be fine, if worst comes to worst they'll stop and get band-aids somewhere." JJ says.

"Oh, there's five of you and one is a child?" Mrs. C asks.

"I'm sorry, Miss Anna, we gotta go." JJ says.

"Sorry." Kie says.

"No. I'm sorry. Absolutely not. Have you heard what's going on?" Mrs. C asks.

"Mom, I'll explain later." Kie says. JJ signals Ky and she comes down the stairs with Presley. We all get in the car.

"Have you seen the storm coming in?" Mrs. C asked. "This is not safe."

"I'm sorry, Mom. I have to go!" Kie says.

"These cops are armed, Kiara. You're gonna get shot." Mrs. C says.

"I have to go!" Kie says.

"I am not letting you do this!" Mrs. C says.

"Mom, John B needs me!" Kie says.

"You need to stay here." Mrs. C says.

"I understand. I'll be careful." Kie said. "Sorry!"

"Open this door right now." Mrs. C says.

"Sorry." Kie says.

"Right now, Kiara! This is not safe! Stop! Stop! Kiara!" Mrs. C says.

~~~JJ's house~~~

"Home sweet home." JJ says.

"Do you want me to come? Cause I'll come." Kie says.

"No. This will only take a second." JJ says getting out of the car. He walks halfway to the stairs and comes back. "Actually, B can you come with me? I jus-"

"Yeah." I say. I get out of the car and go inside with JJ.

"Dad." JJ called out. "Thank you for coming in here with me, B. I know this probably feels weird-."

"Why would it feel weird? It's just like before. Except this time maybe you don't fist fight your dad." I say.

"It's just the last time you were with me and I would feel more comfortable if you came with me every time." JJ says.

"JJ, you're gonna have to learn how to talk to your dad by yourself at some point." I say.

"But he goes softer on me when you're around." JJ says.

"Fine. I'll be there with you every time." I say.

"Thank you." JJ says. We walk into the living room and see his dad asleep on the couch. Snoring softly like an adult baby.

"Dad, I need the keys to the Phantom." JJ said. "Dad?" JJ picks up the medicine bottle off the table and reads it. He puts it down gently to not make any noises and starts to softly grab the key from around Luke's neck. He exhales putting the key back down and grabbing pencils to grab it with. Luke wakes up.

"I didn't expect to see you. You're back." Luke says.

"Yeah, no, I just-." JJ says.

"Huh?" Luke asks.