Chapter sixty-two.

"Did JJ hurt you?" Presley asks.

"No, no. I'm just a little upset tonight." I say.

"Why?" Presley asks.

"Can I be honest with you, pea drop?" I ask.

"Mhm." He hums.

"Me and JJ aren't that good of friends right now." I say.

"Why not?" Presley asks.

"He did some mean things and I'm not the same as I was when we met." I say.

"But you can forgive him. You're always supposed to forgive someone when you're mad at them or you'll regret it." Presley says.

"Okay, Mr. Smart Pants. There's music, there's people, there's a fire. And the person who I wanted to invite me to dance with them hasn't done it yet." I say. Presley goes over to Roark and taps his hand.

"What's up, little man?" Roark asks. Presley signals for him to get closer. Roark gets down to his size and Presley whispers in his ear. Roark whispers something back in his ear and then Presley whispers something in his ear. "Okay, you win." Roark says. He stands back up and smiles at me. "Can you please dance with me?"

"I thought you'd never ask." I say. We start dancing and someone comes up to my ear.

"And he's not even your boyfriend yet. None of your exes can ever compare." John B whispers.

"How so?" I ask. He switches to my other ear.

"He created her." John B whispers showing me a picture of me smiling. I smile at the picture and he shrugs. "Presley!" He says in a deep voice. "My man!"

"Johnathan Bobbert!" Presley says. The two joking around beside me fade out as I look back at Roark.

"What's wrong?" Roark asks.

"Tell me this is gonna last forever." I say.

"I can tell you that, but there's always a chance that it can be a lie." Roark says.

"Tell me anyway." I say.

"I could never lie to you, love." Roark says. I stay there silently. "So, did I pass the test?" I slowly shake my head 'yes'. "Good."

"Mm-hmm because she's my favorite girl." Presley says.

"Game on, bro." John B says and he low-fives Presley. I laugh.

"Well, in that case. Why don't we trade dancing partners?" Yvonne asks.

"Okay. Let him. John B doesn't stand a chance." Presley says.

"A chance for what exactly?" I ask.

"Being your favorite boy." John B says.

"Show me your million-dollar smile." I say. Presley smiles at me.

"I don't have a million dollars, but here's a start." Yvonne says. She gives him a five-dollar bill.