Chapter sixty-one.

~~~

"Bonfire? Well, I think she meant to give it to me so we're all good there. We're definitely going. For sure." JJ says talking about the note John B got during class.

"Oh, Mr. Heyward, Mr. Routledge, Mr. Maybank, just the men I wanted to see." Mr. Sunn says pushing the three of them into his classroom.

"Wish I could say the same." JJ says.

"And the anchors that keep the airheads from floating into space." Mr. Sunn says pushing me and Ky in the classroom, too.

"Dang it." Ky says.

"I have a question of a historical nature for you ladies and gentlemen. I digitize documents for the Maritime Museum, and in return, I've been given access to the archives. And I found.. this." Mr. Sunn says. He grabs a little gray box out of his closet. I gasp.

"A box." I say.

"A box." Ky says confused.

"A box?" I question.

"A box?" John B asks.

"More than a box." Mr. Sunn says bringing it over to his desk.

"That's a good start." John B says. Mr. Sunn opens the box and John B turns on Mr. Sunn's desk lamp.

"Go ahead, Mr. Heyward." Sunn says. Pope grabs an artifact out of the little gray box. "Uh.. careful with that." Pope takes the artifact out of a ziplock bag. It's a book. I gasp.

"Whoa." Pope says.

"A very old crusty book." I say.

"Nerd." Ky says.

"It's a diary." Sunn said. "The author's unknown." Pope opens the diary and the front page has the wheat symbol on it.

"Whoa." John B says.

"And this is a sample of a Denmark Tanny letter. Compare the handwriting." Sunn says. I gasp and JJ covers my mouth.

"No way." John B says.

"We're taking this seriously." He whispers in my ear before letting go of my mouth.

"It's nearly identical." Sunn says. I gasp.

"Serious JJ and identical handwriting." I whisper. Ky tries to contain her laugh.

"Seriously, I'm trying to concentrate here." JJ says. I gasp.

"This is Denmark Tanny's diary." Pope says flipping through the pages.

"Concentrating J-" I start and he covers my mouth again.

"Guys, it's Captain Limbrey." Pope says.

"You can tell that person is Captain Limbrey from that crappy drawing?" Ky asks and Pope elbows her.

"August 6th, 1829." Pope says.

"That's the year the Royal Merchant went down." John B says.

"I thought you might find it interesting." Sunn says.