Chapter eleven.

~~~On the way to the junkyard~~~

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone, we're borrowing it." John B says.

"Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope says.

"Did you come up with that?" John B asks.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope says.

"Oh." John B says.

"So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?" Pope asks.

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asks.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." Kie says.

"Reality." John B says. I pinch Pope's arm.

"Ow. What was that for?" Pope asks.

"Did it hurt?" I ask.

"Yeah." Pope answers.

"It's reality." I say.

"Virtual reality." JJ says about to light a cigarette. Pope takes it and throws it. 

"Keep the signal clear." Pope says.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asks as Kie gets out of the van.

"You." Pope says.

"No, it's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense." JJ says.

"I'm not so tense." Pope says.

"Let's hope this works." John B says. We all get out of the van. We duck behind a big wooden block and wait for Kie's signal.

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ asks.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything." John B says. JJ chuckles a little bit.

"Yeah." He said. "Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me."

"What?" John B asks.

"I was 100% sure she was into you." JJ says.

"You were 100% sure that Tobi was into you and she bit your lip." John B says.

"Yeah, it scarred. Thank you very much." JJ said. "But Pope would agree."

"Ehh." Pope says.

"So, like, Kie, she, like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" JJ asks.

"Oh, no question. Yup." John B says.

"Gotcha." JJ says.

"Ew, JJ." Ky says. 

"Wait. So, you kissed her and she rejected you?" I ask.

"Maybe she's just into somebody else." Pope says. We all look over at him.

"Go." JJ repeats letting go off my hand and we run. We get to a shed in the back of the yard and JJ put in the code for the lock but it didn't open.

"Do you have the right numbers?" Pope asks.

"Alright, so I might have the wrong numbers." JJ says.

"Damn it." Pope says. A dog comes up to us barking.

"Oh! Hey!" JJ says.

"That's a cougar. Never mind." John B says running away.

"Hi. No, stay there! Good boy. No, you're okay!" JJ says. He runs and looks back at us.

"Guys run." JJ screams. Me and Ky run halfway back to the van and I stop.

"Someone should stay with the boys." I say. Pope comes by and they run back to the van. I go back to JJ.